Tudor Chick House In The Romantic Garden

Nice!
Have you figured out how to do your finishes in outdoor materials yet?

Thank you aart. The faux wattle and daub treated siding I have now did not fare well in rain. It all started to peel. I either need to redo them and weather proof or start from scratch and mix something that will last from the get go. The roof is going to have a nice over hang so that will help some. Still thinking about what to use. It has to look like wattle and daub if possible and stand up to our wet weather. I wish I could have a thatch roof but we are shingling in cedar instead. More practical. Finding enough thatch here would be problematic.

The set pieces I made in 2011 were in storage all this time. Good thing I took pictures of the process in building them.

My door is made of cheap cedar fence boards. Stained with Walnut.

Before staining. An old deer antler my dad gave me for a handle.

Faux wattle and daub techinque using paint, glue, straw, and stain.

Faux fire place box. I will show the process if anyone asks.

The full set I'm using in my Tudor chick house.
I just love everything about this! I would love to know how to make the faux fireplace box. I will be starting a new coop this summer and one wall will be facing our patio. This would be really cool to build over the spot where the door to the nest boxes will be. It would look like we have a patio fireplace! Thank you so much for showing us this coop and all you are doing with it.

Back
Top Bottom