TudyBOT Feedback & Discussion Thread

Pics
I like Tudy, but I am worried about people abusing her. I haven’t seen any of this behavior yet, but it will be hard to moderate everyone’s interactions with her.

In my opinion, I like Tudy because I often have questions that are frequently asked on BYC or have already been answered, but I can’t find the thread or article. I feel bad bothering real humans about a question that they have answered a million times. This is probably what I will use her for. Also, I sometimes have non-chicken related questions that I don’t want to bother people with.

I am interested to see how he will respond to “controversial“ chicken topics.
In what way do you think people would abuse her? Like, beyond asking goofy questions? 😆 I'm also interested in her responses to controversial topics. 🤔

Interesting! The "novelty" of @TudyBOT has already shown that it's wearing off!

1st 24 hours compared to 2nd 24 hours:

1680484244041.png

That's a 30% drop-off in just one day.

We expect that trend to keep dropping at an increasing rate to the point where she's only really used once in a while (relative to the thousands of daily posts).

Interesting! The "novelty" of @TudyBOT has already shown that it's wearing off!

1st 24 hours compared to 2nd 24 hours:

View attachment 3453404

That's a 30% drop-off in just one day.

We expect that trend to keep dropping at an increasing rate to the point where she's only really used once in a while (relative to the thousands of daily posts).
Can you tell how many questions were "real" poultry related ones and not silly ones?

Asking for a friend.

In what way do you think people would abuse her? Like, beyond asking goofy questions? 😆 I'm also interested in her responses to controversial topics. 🤔
For example, people baiting her to give inappropriate or inaccurate responses. It’s not a reason to get rid of her, just a concern. I’m also not sure how I feel about her bieng used for silly purposes so much. Is she valuable as a toy?

Yes, I think she could eliminate some fights over heavily disputed topics.

These Artificial Intelligence programs are no different than any other tool in your tool box, you only bring them out when you need to use them. Each of your tools in your tool box has its limitations so if you find you need a Phillips-head screwdriver but you only have a Flat-head, you may need to find another way to fix whatever it is that is broken. Tudy is also a tool and has its limitations as well, it only knows what it's programmed to know or picks up along its travels in our forums. It's not a whole lot different than Googling something you need information for, Tudy could be compared to a glorified search engine.
Well stated!!! I totally agree! Great analogy. :)
No one here on BYC, members or Staff, wants to see Tudy take over the forums. We are all here for the human interaction, human experiences, friendship, laughter, empathy, sharing our lives and most of all our love of poultry. Things Tudy will never know.
Yes, very true!
One question I have, is if I call out and correct inaccuracies, will 'she' respond better next time that question is asked?
Nope. The current model isn't being updated in real-time. It's stuck at whatever data it gained up until September 2021.
I come to BYC to talk to people, not bots.
Me too! Are you worried that you'll be forced to talk to a robot, or that if there's a robot in the conversation it will make you uncomfortable? What do you do when there's a human member in a thread you don't care for? Does that member also cause you to question being here or engaging in the thread?

(not trying to be snarky... just gathering data-points on the demarcation between interactions with Tudy, humans, and/or the combo)

I like that idea. Or you could do a bunch of subsections inside of Tudy's Corner like you have in certain forums (like Incubating & Hatching >> Hatch-A-Longs)?
I understand the suggestion, but I'm not inclined to do that since it would cause a mess of "I have a question, want to post a thread, where do I post it" cases that I'm adamant about avoiding.

I haven’t seen any of this behavior yet, but it will be hard to moderate everyone’s interactions with her.
No, it won't. :)
I'm confident of this because:

1) if we didn't see it happen yesterday and today in ways we can't handle, it's not going to get "worse" as people use it less (and usage will go significantly down compared to these past 48 hours).

2) Our members are GREAT at reporting any community abuse, and our moderators are GREAT at handling those situations quickly... even if it requires banning people that don't respect our rules and community.

Can you tell how many questions were "real" poultry related ones and not silly ones?

Asking for a friend.
Nope :)

All this being said however, I personally think Tudy should stay in her Corner. I think mixing artificial into reality would make for a confusing atmosphere. What's real, what's not?! I personally don't think Tudy belongs in our discussion forums next to human answered posts, it can diminish the entire point of responding in any thread, I think most members want to get a solution from a real situation, not a textbook data type answer. However if members are unable to get the answers they need out in our forums, they can come to TudyBOTs Corner and ask the questions they need answers to. They still may not get the answer they are looking for and it's entirely possible Tudys answer could be incorrect. But it's satisfying to know you have done as much research as possible on a problem you just can't solve and you then know you did all you could.

I completely understand this concern and (to some extent) have similar worries. The "data-driven" part of me wants to see if that's really the possible outcome that would happen, or if it's a concern based on some assumptions and expectations that might not come to fruition. I don't want the fear of the unknown / or potential risk to outweigh the potential known and unknown pros.

This is why I've been trying to pay close attention to my own interactions here on BYC with @TudyBOT along with other members... to see if there are any hints / data-points that show people having a negative interaction with her, or it diminishing from their interactions with other humans on BYC.

While testing in the moderator section, I didn't see / notice any change in our engagement or connection with each other, even in threads where Tudy was very heavily called / requested and interacting with us.

Similarly, I haven't seen any of data-points in the past 48 hours where people have engaged with one another less, or had less of a connection with each other when Tudy was part of the conversation.

Maybe I'm missing the examples and the data? So I'm hoping y'all can help flesh-out where people are engaging with each other less and/or their connection to each other is reduced when Tudy is part of the convo.

Back
Top Bottom