Tufted Roman Geese

Pics

Tufted Roman

Hatching
8 Years
Jan 18, 2012
I am new to geese and have a order for 10 Tufted Roman from Ideal poultry. I would be very grateful for any information / pictures on the Tufted Roman Geese.

I received a pair of Tufted Romans from Holderreads this past year as part of a fancy gosling assortment. I ended up selling them but they were nice geese. Overall they were fairly quiet and friendly. Here is a picture of the pair.

Next to Sebastopols, they are my second favorite geese. Calm demeanor, sweet, not noisy. Medium size goose. I really like these and recommend them. If I didn't have my Sebastopols, I would instead have the Roman Tufted's.

I had gotten a bunch of Roman Tufted eggs and hatched out 1 female and a whole bunch of males. They went to a farm with 100 acres a few months ago. They really are great geese. Good luck with them. You really will enjoy them!

Laurie

Hi Jen C & Laurie

Thank you very much for the information and pictures. I cant wait till I get my Tufted Romans.

Here is a flock picture of our Tufted Romans. I love this breed and recommend them to anyone wanting to get started with geese. There are two ganders and three geese, would like to find a fourth goose to make the flock more even but they are really good and take great care guarding our ducks and chickens. They do really well when we show them, we won champion light goose a couple times with the younger gander. The picture was taken back when the grass was still nice and green and they love going to the hay field to eat and fertilize. :)
K&S

Hi Jen C & Laurie

Thank you very much for the information and pictures. I cant wait till I get my Tufted Romans.

Welcome to the forum.....
welcome-byc.gif

You will love your tufted romans. I have a trio and two crosses. They are quiet, friendly and are great parents. I didnt raise my Trio they were full grown when i got them and had very little human contact other than being fed and watered, after two weeks i was able to pet them. Now they follow me like dogs when im out. I have 3 other breeds also but the Tufteds are my best as far as brooding and getting along with other geese. My crosses also seemed to inherit the good disposition of their tufted parent. I cant say the tufteds are my favorite, i dont think i could pick a breed for my fav, i love all geese.
My gander and one goose hatched 10 of 15 eggs 14 of which fully developed. 3 goslings were smashed. Then one broke its hip, and another had unforeseen developement defects. Most of the eggs werent theirs. They have raised the last 5 beautifully.
Here is my pair with the goslings

And 4 mos later

And
My other Goose

Back
Top Bottom