TULSA area Cluckers

I am so sorry to hear that. That is a tragic thing to come home too! We too had a dog get in our yard last year.

We live with a park/green belt right behind us. We were cleaning up rocks out of the front beds, and taking them by wagon to the creek behind us, so our back gate was open. A lady was walking her dog, and let him off the leash, and of course he got in our yard and tore through the chicken wire and got my Golden Lace Dotte and a few other chickens.

I was so mad, and the owner didn't think it was a big deal, because we left our gate open. HELLO there are LEASH LAWS!!!!!

This new chicken coop will have plywood surrounding around the bottom, and a hot wire running around the bottom to help discourage that from happening again.

It definitely is no fun. We found the missing one dead this morning and the injured one died last night. Leaves us with just 3 - one of which is our rooster. I thought he would have at least tried to save the girls:( Trying to decide if we want to replace them right away or wait till we move in June...

Anyone in here that went to the Coweta sale last Friday evening that might know who had all those nice LF cochins. It was the part of the group that had some for a lemon blue project. I bought a couple of birds out of there but could kick myself that I didn't buy more. I thought at least I could get their contact number since their business card was on the cage but then forgot to get the card when we moved the birds. Trying to get a hold of some nice LF cochins. My husband saw some at shows and said that if he could rasie those that he might give me a little less grief about my 300 ducks. I have chickens even cochins but mostly hatchery quality used to incubate my harder to hatch waterfowl and a few eggs for the table but just not the quality that he wants to be HIS project. No telling how many pens I could get him to build if I could track down what he wants. I know I have a shot at getting some from Jim & Patti Zimmerman when I go to Kansas next month but am trying for something closer.

Our girls arrived this morning! 10 baby girls- 5 barred rocks and 5 buff orpingtons from Cackle Hatchery. I was so worried about how they would do in this cold weather but as soon as I opened the box- 10 darling little heads popped up and start chirping loudly. It looks as if all 10 are in excellent health and are now happy and warm in their brooder. We will be keeping 4 of them and selling the other 6 to another BYC member here in town. We have decided that our 4 girls will be named: Rose, Dorothy, Sophia and Blanche. Otherwise known as the Golden Girls.
lau.gif
Anyway, just thought I would share! Here's a video of them earlier today. How are your girls today?

So bummed this morning- I just spent 45 minutes trying to revive a chick that slept too far away from the brooder light last night and it died anyway.
hit.gif
Boo! It was a black Ameraucana chick.

Back
Top Bottom