TULSA area Cluckers

I could really do without this Thunder Sleet. My sebastopols picked a really bad day to lay their first eggs. Spending my morning watching out the window for an egg and then slipping & sliding through the mudholes to go nab it. Not to mention what the birds look like. My sebs look like dirty mops.

as much as I hate snow and anything that is considered frozen (except ice cream) I am happy for moisture. The birds are not impressed and I think I have heard some tempers flaring but they will forget about this when green stuff starts growing.

BCM= Black Copper Marans. They lay those nice chocolatey eggs! The particular black ones in that pictures don't have much copper to them. Not sure that I'm keeping them. But a few of them lay a nice egg color so for now they stay. My "keeper" pair are the rooster and the hen with the nice copper hackles. I'm hoping she passes on her nice feathered legs as his are rather sparse. Trying to get to SOP with them so I can show them but I don't want to sacrifice egg color to get there. Good quality Black Copper Marans are scarcer than hen's teeth. LOL!

I need to quit "talking" to you.... the more I see what you all have... the more breeds I want.....

I told my hubby that I was going to get 2-3 chicks of several breeds, hoping to get 2 hens of each breed and we can put the roos in the freezer, my hubby simply said "That is a lot of effort.... why not just get 10 of the same breed and have hens all one breed?"

My hubby is such a man...... He just does not understand.....

Last edited:
I need to quit "talking" to you.... the more I see what you all have... the more breeds I want.....

I told my hubby that I was going to get 2-3 chicks of several breeds, hoping to get 2 hens of each breed and we can put the roos in the freezer, my hubby simply said "That is a lot of effort.... why not just get 10 of the same breed and have hens all one breed?"

My hubby is such a man...... He just does not understand.....

lau.gif
Well you're just a hop skip and a jump away. Come over sometime when the weather clears and you can see them all. Don't tell him I'm such an enabler- he may sneak onto the computer one night and block byc!
duc.gif
I have a customer I am raising a big batch of each kind for her, if there are extra pullets when she takes what she wants you can have first dibs- then you are only getting girls! They will be about 4 weeks old.

Odd question...nobody here would want to sell a fairly good refrigerator? Our new place won't have one and we're looking for one!

Please let me know if you know of anyone or any place we can get one for under $350?

Refrigerators: look on Craigslist. Also there is a used appliance store at 11th and 129th, not a huge selection but they usually have a few at decent prices. Or maybe the Maytag Clearance Center at 15th and Harvard or at 71st and 169- scratch and dents are usually a good deal.

Odd question...nobody here would want to sell a fairly good refrigerator? Our new place won't have one and we're looking for one!

Please let me know if you know of anyone or any place we can get one for under $350?
Ok....

I have one.... it is older..... last time I knew it worked.

It needs a good cleaning. It is huge and a monster. You would have to move it, but you are welcome to come look at it Sunday afternoon (that is the soonest I can be free) and make me an offer.

Tulsa area peeps I still have buff orpington chicks available. I need my brooder emptied for the next batch (which I am keeping
lol.png
). I lowered my price to $4 per chick and with the way the are starting to get wing feathers I can tell pretty well who is what.

It has been a while since I posted. I am wondering what types of chicks everyone has for sale right now, and what you expect to have at Easter. I really want to add to my flock, but my husband will kill me. I figure if the Easter bunny brings chicks to the kids, he can't say no. I am devious.

Back
Top Bottom