TULSA area Cluckers

Hi there everyone! We live just off Brookside and our 4 ladies hatched February 13th. We named them after the Golden Girls: Rose, Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia. :) They are 8 weeks old on Saturday and we are finishing their coop just in time! Phew! Thought I would share a picture of our girls new house.
Very cute!!! I need to get mine painted so it looks better. It won't be that cute even painted, but will look better then it does now.

Thank you! Yes- we built it ourselves. First real woodworking project- so very excited that it came together so well! I saw several designs very similar to this online- so I just put together the dimensions based off of what our chickens would need. Got lucky with a lot of the materials and found most of them on craigslist from people getting rid of what was left from their projects. Excited for the girls to move outside this weekend and out of my mudroom! ;)

I have two laying hens that I need to re-home because of my increasing physical limitations. They are one and a half year old Barred Rocks that have been laying for a full year now. They have slowed down to eight to ten eggs a week now but layed daily until mid November. I keep expecting them to go into molt but they haven't yet.
With them goes a small, ugly but adequate coop, fencing materials for a small run, watering devices and feed bowls, remaining feedstuffs and bedding material. Also included are some one by boards, 2x2s, plywood remnants and two frames to what was going to be a new coop, as well as some paint to match the painted parts.
I would like for them to go to a urban BYCer with a fenced yard so they can forage a few hours most days. PM me if you think you might be interested. No charge. Will need a couple strong backs to load the coop. Thanks

Sorry to hear that.
hugs.gif
Hope you find them a good home.

Baby K, as I like to call the little thing is doing well. I'm going to post a few pics on FB today. The jury is still out on sex. Kass if Baby K does turn out to be a boy would you like to have him back? Sure is beautiful.

Lone Swedish Flower Hen to hatch is good and her friend the little black EE are nice and cozy inside.

I had some *fun* last weekend. I got a dirt box for them because they were starting to be interested in dust bathing in the litter. I pulled out little Veronica SFH, and popped her in the box. Peeping ensued. It took me so long to round up little Charlotte EE that Veronica had flown out and was running around the living room peeping even more loudly and insistently. Charlotte was not to happy either!

Well, 20 minutes later we had them both back together. Thank goodness they have an instinct for high places. Veronica hopped up on a backpack, then to the sofa, onto an arm, over to a side table then to the top of the back of and upholstered chair where my sweet man was standing very still with his hands partially cupped. He caged her gently between his hands and the deal was done.

In other news, spring is for babies and you might have seen my new granddaughter on my FB. Her name is Emory Grace. Mother and baby doing fine. We live nearby so it has been a joy to spend time with their little family.

Starting April 12 I will be hatching SFH every week. I'm getting 7-9 good eggs every wee from my two SFH. Hoping for improved hatch rates.

Our yard is one giant mud puddle but thing are greening up. I stole some honeysuckle cutting from my neighbor. The post on the Okie page inspired me to start covering my run with greenery. Maybe in a couple of years it will look good. Last year I did have a couple of gourd plants do pretty well so I'm going to try that again.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Another vine that does fantastic even around my chickens is Mile-A-Minute vine, in the middle of summer it is covered with a carpet of tiny, fragrant white flowers. Can't remember it's other names, it goes by several, but Mile-A-Minute sticks in my mind because it is a SUPER fast grower. Would work great for shade on a run.

Hi there everyone! We live just off Brookside and our 4 ladies hatched February 13th. We named them after the Golden Girls: Rose, Dorothy, Blanche and Sophia. :) They are 8 weeks old on Saturday and we are finishing their coop just in time! Phew! Thought I would share a picture of our girls new house.
What a great little coop! We are working on a new one for our chickens. I bought a playhouse that we are converting to a coop. We are working on the run design right now. Once we get moved to our new place, we will get it all together! I can't wait to paint the coop and make it all pretty!

The note on that website says, "all parts of the plant, especially the seeds, are poisonous." I would not plant it around chickens. Also as I have many small children I would not plant it at all. Too many little ones put pretty things like flowers and seeds in their mouths. It is very pretty though!

On researching Mile-A-Minute Vine that's not actually what I have although it is similar.... Mile-A-Minute has barbs, whatever I have doesn't. It is also considered a pesky invasive species. So now I'm left wondering what I have.... maybe I need to take some pictures when it blooms this summer and figure it out!

Back
Top Bottom