Tumor, cysts, cancer???? Pics attached. Please help!!!

If it is a fungus, antibiotics won't help. Do you live in the US? If so, you could email your pictures to your State lab attn the avian pathologist and see what he/she thinks it is.

I am treating her with Baytril. I guess I'll try to give her a warm soak to soften the scabs, but I'm a little afraid to do that because there are so many and they are huge and I don't know what to do once they are off and what I will find underneath. it might start bleeding or something and it will probably be raw skin underneath according to what I read. Hopefully someone who knows about this will reply with some information. Thank you!!

I think I looked up fowl pox. Didn't look like that but I'll check again. I really think its the necrotic dermatitis. I live in Louisiana. I will search for state lab avian pathologist. I have emailed my pictures to the Chicken Doctor. He has been dealing with chickens for years and everyone calls him the chicken doctor and he has an online vet supply store ( First State Vet Supply.). I'll see what he has to say.

I just had my chicken culled from this same thing... still don't know what it was, but the scabs smelled like dorritos and felt like pork rinds. She had a tumor growing under it that went from the size of a quarter 3 weeks ago to the size of a 10 yo child's fist... and it spread from her wing to her face. (She's a banty) she was having trouble breathing because of the tumor, so I felt it was kinder to put her down. She was 5 years old.

Here's the thread I started when it was the size of a quarter (there wasn't anything there three days before that):
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/764070/what-on-earth-is-this-help#post_10874549

Back
Top Bottom