Tuna is Sick! šŸ™šŸ»

And the heat can do this. Some chickens suffer more from the heat than others.
Thank you. Perhaps starting a molt although Iā€™m not seeing feathers but it could come! One of my other girls is in a molt too. She is eating now! Walking around more as well. Still it totally herself but not worse either so thatā€™s a win for me. I hope tomorrow is even better. One more day of this awful heat. Thanks for your help

Thank you. Perhaps starting a molt although Iā€™m not seeing feathers but it could come! One of my other girls is in a molt too. She is eating now! Walking around more as well. Still it totally herself but not worse either so thatā€™s a win for me. I hope tomorrow is even better. One more day of this awful heat. Thanks for your help
You're welcome! Keep is posted. I'm def pulling for her!

Your username fits: you ARE a nice Karen!

I'd give her calcium for a few more days.
She may have been having trouble expelling the egg.

Watch to see that's she's drinking.

Hopefully she'll come round and do o.k. for a while.

Hi everyone! Just wanted to update that Tuna seems better!! Much more like herself! I think the egg was stuck and she was feeling the effects of that and the heat! Iā€™m so glad she is better! Thank you all so much! I may Conroe calcium next few days through this heat.

Hi friends! I came on this morning to post a new thread about my Tuna not laying well.. not feeling great AND to my surprise I found this thread from last September. 9 months ago she was going through the same issue! Iā€™m hoping for some help! She isnā€™t 100% herself.. she eats.. drinks.. walks around but she has moments when she seems to be struggling.. butt kind of hanging lower than normal. She will visit nesting box and not lay. I donā€™t think Tuna has layed an egg for 2 weeks. Itā€™s hard to tell because she has similar color to others and Iā€™m not always home. I did find 2 weird soft twisted eggs from her recently. One 2 weeks ago and one this morning. They have egg white inside them and it looks as if more egg material came out over night on roost.. but they are soft and twisted! Iā€™ve been giving her calcium tabs almost daily for 2 weeks? Should I continue giving her calcium citrate tabs? We are having a heat spell but this started before it got really hot. It just seems like Tuna has never been a good layerā€¦? Like something isnā€™t right? Thoughts on how to help? How much calcium can I give her? How many days? Iā€™m worried Iā€™ve been giving it to her too much.. ? Here is a pic of the ā€œeggā€ she laid last night :( She is currently in nesting box right now as well.

Attachments

• 9FF15113-9B4E-4843-BE93-1A904B3AF9E2.jpeg
    9FF15113-9B4E-4843-BE93-1A904B3AF9E2.jpeg
    803.7 KB · Views: 2
Hi friends! I came on this morning to post a new thread about my Tuna not laying well.. not feeling great AND to my surprise I found this thread from last September. 9 months ago she was going through the same issue! Iā€™m hoping for some help! She isnā€™t 100% herself.. she eats.. drinks.. walks around but she has moments when she seems to be struggling.. butt kind of hanging lower than normal. She will visit nesting box and not lay. I donā€™t think Tuna has layed an egg for 2 weeks. Itā€™s hard to tell because she has similar color to others and Iā€™m not always home. I did find 2 weird soft twisted eggs from her recently. One 2 weeks ago and one this morning. They have egg white inside them and it looks as if more egg material came out over night on roost.. but they are soft and twisted! Iā€™ve been giving her calcium tabs almost daily for 2 weeks? Should I continue giving her calcium citrate tabs? We are having a heat spell but this started before it got really hot. It just seems like Tuna has never been a good layerā€¦? Like something isnā€™t right? Thoughts on how to help? How much calcium can I give her? How many days? Iā€™m worried Iā€™ve been giving it to her too much.. ? Here is a pic of the ā€œeggā€ she laid last night :( She is currently in nesting box right now as well.
Hi! This looks like salpingitis, reproductive infection. My hen Sybi had it , she doesn't lay anymore. I would treat with fish mox on case there's anything left inside. 250mg twice a day for seven days.

Back
Top Bottom