Turken hen to silkie roo sex link question. Please help!

Jmommy2008

Chirping
Jun 21, 2020
Ok I know if you breed a naked neck (turken) to a silkie the babies are supposed to be sex link by their skin color. Black skin means hen and pink skin means boy. What do I do if one is born half and half?! I’ll post a pic of my newly hatched chick. It’s lower half is all blue/black skin and it’s neck is pink. Will it darken the rest of the way meaning this is a hen? Is is this baby going to be a mystery?

Ok I know if you breed a naked neck (turken) to a silkie the babies are supposed to be sex link by their skin color. Black skin means hen and pink skin means boy. What do I do if one is born half and half?! I’ll post a pic of my newly hatched chick. It’s lower half is all blue/black skin and it’s neck is pink. Will it darken the rest of the way meaning this is a hen? Is is this baby going to be a mystery?
Update?

I raise Turkens and have not crossed them with Silkies but have crossed them on Ayam Cemani to add the fibro characteristics. It is funny that you mentioned having a half black skin half pink skinned chick. yours is top and bottom mine is effected left to right.
242119407_4544530852263890_6080142744362729348_n.jpg
I have never heard of the skin color being sex linked with the fibro characteristics seen in both Silkies and Ayam Cemani's. I am certianly not saying it's not true just interesting and open to learning new things. I have hatched birds of both sexes with dark and light skin crossing AC and Turkens. I'm not sure what the different would be with Silkies and Turkens. I have had chicks of this cross fill in lighter areas that were pink at hatch with the Cemani cross haven't had any as clearly divided in half as the chick I posted but it will be interesting to see what happens with our half and half babies.

Back
Top Bottom