TURKEN TRAGEDY

Oh, this is heartbreaking to hear. Especially when clearly, you had gone way over & above to save this girl. I'm SO very sorry, my heart aches for you.

I am questioning putting her on her back to do this injection, as I've read that they can suffocate if put on their backs (or held upside down, as some people do with nasty roos) for more than a minute or so. Anyone?

Oh, I'm so sorry! A tragic accident. She probably had a heart attack. Next time, if there ever is a next time, don't flip the bird on its back. Have someone hold the bird against his chest. The bird will feel less vunerable that way, and there's no risk of the bird aspirating in that position either. Also, I've never heard of giving a shot like that. It should have been injected into the muscle of the thigh or the breast, not into the joint. But I'm so sorry. *hugs*

If anyone's interested in seeing how Zsa Zsa looked in her prime, go to youtube and do a search for "proud bird."

Quote:
She was so cute and happy!!!
Here is the link

The first time I ever even heard of a turken I thought icky! Between yours and some other pictures and stories they look like what I will be getting for a second breed.

So sorry you lost her.

Back
Top Bottom