Turkey Egg Candling Question

EEBLACKCOPPERMARAN

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
I have some turkey eggs that I am hatching and I just candled the eggs. I dont see any veins at day 7, Are veins visible at day 7 or is it best to candle at day 10? Thanks!

Last edited:
I candled my eggs somewhere around 10 to 12 days and could already see which ones were growing and which ones were never fertilized. At that point I could see a dark form in a fertile egg and the infertile one was clear. As a matter of fact I just candled about 15 minutes ago and cracked open one that was clear and all I had is yolk and egg white so candling is a very accurate way to check if your eggs are going to produce or not.
smile.png

kuntry girl, it is very easy. Get into a dark room, get a led flashlight, turn it on and put it up against the backside of the egg from you and you will either see a dark form in the egg or it will be clear, it's that simple... try it next time you incubate, you'll be able to see their progress.. :)

kuntry girl, it is very easy. Get into a dark room, get a led flashlight, turn it on and put it up against the backside of the egg from you and you will either see a dark form in the egg or it will be clear, it's that simple... try it next time you incubate, you'll be able to see their progress.. :)

Let me say that another way about the candling of turkey eggs.....I tried to candle but couldn't see anything because of the dark shells, so I don't candle anymore. My hatch rate is excellent with the turkey eggs. However, I candle my goose eggs with no problem because the shells are white. Guinea eggs are hard for me to candle as well. So, I quit candling those as well. :/

Congrats EE! This is my first time hatching turkey eggs, can't wait to see what my hatch rate will be. When I candle now all I see is the air pocket, the rest of the egg is all mass. I had 17 eggs and 4 of them turned out to non fertile, the other 13 are doing great.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom