Turkey Eggs hatching!!!

texascowboy1979

Songster
10 Years
Aug 14, 2009
Texas - Best Place on Earth
2 eggs are hatching today... Ive moved them to the bottom tray, These eggs had no dates on them for some odd reason... they have already started to crack... I candled them and the chick is moving around inside the air sac.. WOO HOO..

I should have chicks tonight or tomorrow... Ill post pics... and see what you all think... see if you can guess who the mom is...

The Father is a wild Turkey... and the Mom should be a Burbon Red or White Turkey.... but I think its the Burbon Red who's the mother...

Here are the chicks...

36486505.jpg

24254042.jpg

89107056.jpg

17127704.jpg

Last edited:
eggs should be put on hatching tray 3 days before they hatch! ( not being turned) thats day 25 tom

just stick your finger in water,then dip in feed hold it up to poult he will pick at it and your good to go! never had a poult not eat or drink! have rasie'd a few thousand poults about 8,700 tom

Ive got one more hatching today...

by the way... anyone watch

JURASSIC PARK

Do you remember the part where Alan is with the kids walking across the feild... and a heard of gallimimus are running in the distance.... and then they change direction like a flock of birds...

When I had my 15 wild turkey chicks about 12" high... they ran just like that in there pen... WONDERFUL dinosaurs view... Its amazing to see them run in unison...

I cant wait to see it again this year... This year, ill try to get a video of it..

Last edited:
Awesome poults! Gives me something to look forward to with my Bourbon tom over a Wild hen. Also I've turned eggs right up to hatch day and actually seen better hatch results I feel then when I stop 3-4 days before hatch day.
Congrats on the hatch!
cool.png

Back
Top Bottom