Turkey eggs incubation

benjamin123

Songster
5 Years
Sep 9, 2014
i am about to get some fertile turkey eggs through the post and i was wondering: how long do you settle the eggs?which way up do you settle them?which way do you incubate them? and how big are the chicks compared to chicken chicks?

Shipped eggs are sometimes more difficult to hatch as during the shipping they tend to get knocked about a bit. It is the air cells that mainly become damaged. Once you have received your eggs I would leave them to settle at room temp for at least 24 hours in egg cartons with the pointy end down and the fat end up. When setting them in the incubator I set them very upright with the pointy end down Inbetween the dividers. Or if you don't have dividers or are unable to set them upright I would put them in egg cartons and turn them by propping one side of the carton up and then when you turn again put that side down and prop the other side up. I wouldn't turn for the first 3-4 days this gives the air cells more chance to settle. As to how big the chicks will be I don't know I have never hatched turkey's. Hope this link helps it's a good read and good luck with your turkey eggs.https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/hatching-eggs-101

Back
Top Bottom