Turkey fungus on the head

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by twotmama, Nov 9, 2009.

1. twotmama

twotmama Out Of The Brooder

Feb 4, 2009
    My turkey has a weird growth on his head the eyes are getting to where he can't see and he looks miserable. HELP!!!! Its like he has warts and there multipying and now theres like a fungus can i save him somehow or is this fatal? He is A pet and I don't know what to do.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  2. zatsdeb

zatsdeb Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 2, 2007
    Lincoln, Illinois
    can you post a picture?

3. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    Not sure how.

4. PatS

PatS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Northern Califonia
    If *I* can post a picture anyone can. If you have them on your computer already, that is.
    When you click on *MESSAGE BOARDS*, at the top it says Frequently Asked Questions. If you click on that, the 2nd question explains how to post a picture.

5. jenjscott

jenjscott Mosquito Beach Poultry

May 24, 2008
    Southeast Arkansas
    In the meantime, if its a fungus, you can treat with a mild vinegar solution or a mild betadine solution. If you can get a picture up great, if not, can you pm me for my email and I can post it for you if you can send it.

6. MandyH

MandyH You'll shoot your eye out!

Is it brown and looks gooey or sticky?

7. twotmama

Feb 4, 2009
    I tried to upload it won't paste sorry. No it just looks like huge warts and the its hanging off his head and his eyes are closing up like their infected the skin is real rough on his head and it looks like some kind of fungus; not sticky or guey. Im clueless I got it to upload as avatar hope its large enough to help any suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  8. ()relics

()relics horse/dog shrink

Jan 4, 2009
    indiana
    Pox? Probably....no treatment but you can treat the water with a broad spectrum Anti...like oxytetracycline to at least fight any other infections....Pics would be the answer to a better diagnosis...

9. PatS

PatS Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 28, 2009
    Northern Califonia
    I'm sorry. I don't know anything about turkey disease. Maybe someone else can look at your avatar and see what is going on. Anyone?

10. chickenannie

chickenannie Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 19, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    That's Fowl Pox you're describing. Do a search on this forum for it and you'll find info.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by