Turkey had to be put down... =(

hugs.gif
Sorry for your loss .
Could she have gotten into some barbwire mabe,i have seen some nasty cuts and punctures from that kinds wire.

She may likely have gotten caught up in something...

What happens in most areas on a turkey is that the wound starts as a moderate and simple to fix cut, once cut, the skin recedes back from the cut and exposes a huge portion of the turkey... usually by the time you find them they are too far gone...

I had one of my best hens get morbidly attacked by a raccoon (turnabout is fair play, he won't do it again, I promised him.) My wife was out of state and I had to put about 50 stitches into her on my own. There were actually layers of muscle that had to be sewn back together in her neck. To my surprise, she survived and is laying fertile eggs again...

-Shad

I am willing to bet it was the PONY....I have one too, and he is going back to the rescue he came from. He is great with people and our miniature donkey but does not tolerate smaller animals. He nearly killed my pregnant ewe last week (she now has 1 1/2 ears instead of 2). He will also chase the chickens when they get in the pasture, I had one go broody in the barn and she would hide from him. He is a gelding. Sorry about your turkey.

Back
Top Bottom