Turkey Head injury possible not sure

I'm sorry about your Turkey.

I would make sure she's staying hydrated. Electrolytes would be good to give or you can give a small amount of sugar water, then provide plain water afterwards. Once she's drinking and hydrated, then offer her feed.

Poultry vitamins that contain E and B1 can be given as well.

Sounds like she took a hard knock, hopefully she will recover with supportive care and time.
Would rooster booster be good to give her?

Yes, you can give her rooster booster vitamins.

How is she doing?
She’s walking around. I went and rattled the treat bucket and she seemed to be interested in it and I fed her from my hand but usually she gobbles it up quick but this time I was slow and she only took maybe 4 little bites not her usual self then she walked around a little more and sat standing up and went to sleep. Tonight I am clearing a spot in the house to keep a closer eye on her.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    372 KB · Views: 1
I bought both of these can they be used together or does one work better than the other I’ve heard the nutri drench works a little fast than the poultry cell.

Sounds like she's not there yet.
I'd focus on hydration and then see if she'll eat some normal feed or a wet mash of feed.

I prefer Poultry Cell if I have a choice. You can direct oral dose her at a rate of 1cc per 3 pounds of weight daily.
She's probably pretty hefty, so that would be a lot of liquid at one time. My birds don't like vitamins added to their food or water, so I end up having to syringe it into them. You never know, your Gal make like them.

I'd focus on hydration and then see if she'll eat some normal feed or a wet mash of feed.

I prefer Poultry Cell if I have a choice. You can direct oral dose her at a rate of 1cc per 3 pounds of weight daily.
She's probably pretty hefty, so that would be a lot of liquid at one time. My birds don't like vitamins added to their food or water, so I end up having to syringe it into them. You never know, your Gal make like them.
Thank you I’m back home and I’m fixing to try and feed her a wet mash I think she may like it more for now anyways and I’ll work on trying to get her to drink some water

So I gave her water through a syringe that was easy and she seem to be taking it fine from that but the mash she didn’t even want it or seem to want it at all. She just seems real sleepy like she moves but not far then closes her eyes and sleep should I just leave her alone a let her try to rest or keep trying with the food? I’m lost cause she has to eat at some point but idk how I’m gonna make that happen

I would work on getting the vitamins into her and hydration.

You can syringe or tube fluids into her if need be. Hopefully she'll rally with some fluids.
I'm sorry to hear she's still not too alert:(

Here's how to tube fluids/feed, @Overo Mare has a very good video in the first link below, the second link is about how much and what to use.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/need-to-tube-severely-molting-hen.1437023/post-23839502
https://www.backyardchickens.com/articles/crop-feeding.75454/

This is about syringing fluids or meds if you need that.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...dications-to-all-poultry-and-waterfowl.73335/

Back
Top Bottom