Turkey hen with poult started to lay again

krittrlovr

In the Brooder
Mar 3, 2015
My 4yr old turkey hen hatched her eggs 5 weeks ago, she came home with 1 poult and pretty beat up. She decided to hatch in the woods across the street from my house therefore a predator must have come across her and got the rest of the poults. She has decided to start mating again and 3 days ago began to lay even though she has a poult. Was wondering if anyone has heard of this or has had this happen in their flock. This is her 4th hatch and a fantastic mother. Thanks for any info.

My 4yr old turkey hen hatched her eggs 5 weeks ago, she came home with 1 poult and pretty beat up. She decided to hatch in the woods across the street from my house therefore a predator must have come across her and got the rest of the poults. She has decided to start mating again and 3 days ago began to lay even though she has a poult. Was wondering if anyone has heard of this or has had this happen in their flock. This is her 4th hatch and a fantastic mother. Thanks for any info.
I had a Royal palm hen who started laying again one week after hatching a clutch of eggs.

We have a bronze that is sharin poults with our sweetgrass and the bronze has given me eggs every other day for a week now... the poults are a month old i think now.

Back
Top Bottom