Turkey, horribly injured, trying to help - welcom advice

I will try to remember to get on my husbands computer when I get home. He's got a recipe he uses that he found online. We use it on ourselves in the event of any illness or injury - works wonderfully. While my husband has many disease processes going on and needs constant medical supervision - My younger son and I have not been to a doctor for years. We use a combination of colloidal silver used with herbal teas and such at the sign of any illness - and in case of any injury. Yarrow is a particularly helpful herb to grow for both - held on a wound for 10-30 seconds it'll stop any bleeding while also allievating pain, AND it prevents infection! There are so many wonderful natural things that can help both people and animals. I am fairly knowledgable where it comes to people (I'm an LPN, Reiki master, reflexologist, studing herbologist, etc..) but am knew to treating animals - trying to learn though, and need to learn quickly as by chance (and a soft heart) I now have 31 turkeys, 28 guineas, 94 chickens, a pot belly pig, and a 3 week old puppy. The pig was abandoned, the puppy was orphaned, the birds were part unwanted or overwhelming for their caregivers... in the past few months my farm has truly become a farm - now I need to learn how to best watch over them. Meanwhile, back to the matter - I'll try to remember to post this evening on the colloidal silver and other things that are natural.

Wow, we lucked out finding you here
smile.png
Thank you so much for the info.
And yes, I'd be interested (as I know others would if they know what it is) in your colloidal silver recipe.

So sorry to hear about the loss of your hen. The injuries sounded awful. Thank you for sharing a difficult time so that others may learn.
hugs.gif

On the colloidal silver - my husband says it is complex, and has to be just right - but this is the basics of what he found online - and it works for us...

--need a 30 volt DC power supply
--14 gauge electrodes of 99.999% pure silver - NOT sterling silver, MUST be pure silver
--distilled water
-- brown glass jar for storage

Have a glass vessel, fill with distilled water, put 2 silver electrodes in the water - not touching - connected with wires to the power supply - turn power supply on --
he says you can use 3 9 volt batteries, connected in series, for your power supply -- he uses a factory power supply for electronics. -- Then, he shoots a lazer through it, and watches for it to turn a very light yellow to show it's done, then turn it off and remove the silver -- Must be stored in brown glass containers - cannot be stored in metal or plastic.
------------------------------
If you'd like for him to make you some as it is complex, he's willing, but would have to look up the current price of silver to give you a price - the silver he has is some he bought years ago, and has been using by bits. Just email me at [email protected] and I'll have him sort out a price for you - otherwise, you're welcome to try it yourself. Works great as an oral antibiotic, also is good on wounds. Some hospitals use it on severe wounds.
------------------------------
Another general herb that everyone should keep on hand is yarrow. As mentioned in a previous post - it's antibiotic, stops pain, stops bleeding, antifungal, antibacterial - just an amazing herb. Any wound treated with this will stop bleeding in seconds - even a head wound (might take a few extra seconds on a head wound) - and the other properties soak in just as fast. Wounds heal dramatically faster by just one application immediately - no other care beyond that other than keeping it clean and bandaged if necessary. You can also make an antibiotic tea by steeping yarrow in hot water for 17 minutes - just don't steep more than that or you'll pull bitters, and it'll taste gross. Also, never boil yarrow as it changes the chemical compounds and can be dangerous taken internally if boiled.

hope this information helps others and thanks for all the sharing.

Gail
-----------------------------------------
loving wife to a dear husband, mother of 5 (4 grown), 9 grandchildren, 30 turkeys, 28 guineas, 52 White Silkie chickens, 42 mix chickens, 1 pot belly pig, and 1 3 wk old puppy..... and no telling what'll be round tomorrow - we seem to be the collection place for unwanted animals - and they find lots of love here, and when they die for food, they do so very peacefully and lovingly.

Back
Top Bottom