Turkey Pictures please!!!

Drumstick mind meld........
lau.gif

yuckyuck.gif

I cant tell if these are male or female turkeys can you help me?
The first is a narranganset mix 6 weeks old

Here are the rest they are the 3 10 week old blue slates.

Then heres the other two

I have no idea, youngfarmer, because I'm just getting started in turkeys! Someone will tell you what they are. Or you could drop a lipstick tube and see who tries to put some on....

I was just going to say, for someone (me) who used to think turkeys were ugly, I'm finding them strangely beautiful now. Have I been bitten by something???

Woot, woot! My hatchlings from Plum Run are arriving!!!!! I can't believe how cute turkeys are when they are young. How come Jersey buffs have such big eyes? they look like giant cow eyes!

Sorry if this has been asked already, but looking at all these turkey pictures some of the toms tail feathers seem to be more well kept while others are scraggly. Is it the breed or the individual or what? Is there a way to get them to preen more?

Sorry if this has been asked already, but looking at all these turkey pictures some of the toms tail feathers seem to be more well kept while others are scraggly. Is it the breed or the individual or what? Is there a way to get them to preen more?

They sometimes rub them off on fencing, etc. especially while strutting. A lot of times it really just depends on what time of the year it is and if they have moulted yet.

My feather issue was do to sparring.

These are my Toms in the winter

and these are them in the spring during mating season

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom