Turkey Pictures please!!!

Awesome birds
Indeed!
goodpost.gif

I got my first turkeys this year, ( b-reds, and blue slates) and i am getting a lot of enjoyment out of watching them grow. :)

I got my first turkey babies last weekend.
I was looking for meat birds and just took the ones that the breeder didn't want.
Not sure of the breed, but the are just as charming and adorable as chicken babies.

I'm headed for the barn soon, so I will post pictures this afternoon.
Thank everyone for posting, maybe if he experiment works I ll try one of the other breeds.. They are all beautiful .
Patricia

Last edited:
Well I am starting out with Bourbon Reds and the reason I did so is the reserch that I did stated that the Bourbon Reds were bread in Bourbon County Kentucky I think in the late 1800s for there taste and for the look of the bird dressed out.
In the past, the breed has alternatively been called Kentucky Reds.
The taste test I found online rated the Bourbon Red as the best tasting bird of all breeds the Butter ball coming out on the bottom every time.
My Birds are only 6 weeks old now but they are as I have said in past blogs are like dogs with feathers.
The more time you spend with your turkeys from just hatched I think the better behaved bird they are with some training acorse and common sense and a lot of help from BYC members
bow.gif
I would like to try my hand at some narragansett turkeys Just for there looks alone they look like the Turkeys my Grandparents had on the farm and I remember them being very tasty
yesss.gif

Here is a picture of my 7.5 week old Beltsville Small Whites and my lone Broad Breasted Bronze, Givi. The BBB is only 3 days older than the Beltsville's, but my goodness what a difference.

Then the Beltsville's saw the camera and where like....OOOhhhh, what's that?

Here is the Beltsville's "Baby picture". They hatched April 11.

Last edited:
My BBB are so funny. They are 7 to 8 weeks old. I can make them blush pure red and puff up and strut by talking to them. I use turkey language. I say yolk yolk then a trill trill Yolk yolk and another couple trills. They get all excited when I do this. Fun:)

ps, maybe the trill is more of a purr. I heard them do it so I imitate.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom