Turkey Poults Hatched Early

So I’ve got six fertile Turkey eggs in my incubator. There was originally 10, however six only made it to this point. They weren’t due to hatch until the 20th. Do you think the other eggs will hatch within a day or so? I’m just a aware of how long I can leave the fully hatched chicks in there.
I believe they will hatch. I have went through the same situation before, one day a few hatched early and then a few days later the remaining eggs hatched. I’m sure they will be alright, just give them a few more days!
As for the turkeys that have hatched, you can only keep them in the incubator for about 2 days. After 2 days, they’ll need to be moved to the brooder so they’ll have food and water. Keep us updated, I’d love to know if yours hatch too :)

I believe they will hatch. I have went through the same situation before, one day a few hatched early and then a few days later the remaining eggs hatched. I’m sure they will be alright, just give them a few more days!
As for the turkeys that have hatched, you can only keep them in the incubator for about 2 days. After 2 days, they’ll need to be moved to the brooder so they’ll have food and water. Keep us updated, I’d love to know if yours hatch too :)
Awesome! I believe they will hatch too, but I didn’t expect anything this soon. I had last candled them all 2 days ago and they seemed to be developing at the same rate.

Awesome! I believe they will hatch too, but I didn’t expect anything this soon. I had last candled them all 2 days ago and they seemed to be developing at the same rate.
Do any of the other eggs have external pips? if not and the hatched poult gets somewhat dryed out I would remove it very quickly as not to let humidity drop and put in the warm brooder. I wouldn't leave it in the incubator for 2 days.

Do any of the other eggs have external pips? if not and the hatched poult gets somewhat dryed out I would remove it very quickly as not to let humidity drop and put in the warm brooder. I wouldn't leave it in the incubator for 2 days.
You mean for me to take out the poults after they dry out? Humidity is at 85, it was at 70 until the last two hatched out. I now only have 3 eggs and I haven’t checked to see if they are pipped

Yes after they dry out, but I wouldn't leave them in incubator for more than 24 hours. You just don't want to keep opening incubator and have your humidity drop to low before others finish hatching.

So 3 have hatched and 3 left ?
That’s good! So just give them a few more days and they’ll be alright :)
When I got off work just an hour ago I came to check on them and saw that only 4 have completely hatched with 1 other egg having a beak poking out of it. The humidity was up to 99% though... I had noticed this morning that the humidity was at 85% so I thought nothing of it, but I guess the pooping they did today brought on the increase of humidity. I’m now afraid that the other eggs could have “drowned”. Should I try to intervene with the unhatched eggs any?
Note that I’ve broke out my still air incubator and moved the fully hatched poults into it to let them dry for now

Back
Top Bottom