Turkey Talk for 2014

. He looks alil ruff I'm hoping to get him looking better. One question tho is his wings look normal?

Is there anything I can do to help his feathers?

Unfortunately not too much you can do for them right now. Feed him well and with the right care he will drop the old nasty feathers when he cleans himself and new ones will take their place. And of course next year he will drop 80% of his feathers during moult and be very pretty when they grow back. But for now he just needs a lot of TLC. :)

Last edited:
Unfortunately not too much you can do for them right now. Feed him well and with the right care he will drop the old nasty feathers when he cleans himself and new ones will take their place. And of course next year he will drop 80% of his feathers during moult and be very pretty when they grow back. But for now he just needs a lot of TLC.
smile.png

You can also give him a bath. It will help him feel better. A bath with bird shampoo

Just got our first turkey. The lady told me it was male. Never had turkeys but I have had chickens for several years. He is almost 3 months old he was feed scratch feed. Should I give him game bird feed?
Scratch feed is not actual food its meant as a treat. At 3 months old turkeys both male and female can now be on a grower/finisher that is 15%protein. You can offer a higher protein though if you would like. I personally still feed me 3-4 month old poults a mix between Gamebird starter and a grower/finisher combined.

Gamebird feed is what he should have been on from hatch until now since they need the high protein to grow properly.

Back
Top Bottom