Turkey thief caught in the act!

So it seems obvious he grabbed her off the coop, and the chase was outside my property line.

We've caught our neighbors chasing our chickens a couple times. Not Cool.

Yes, I know they've gotten out of our yard and into theirs a few times. Three times that I know of. And so we've clipped their wings and worked toward getting better fences. And I think we've been successful in that regard, since I haven't seen a girl get our of our yard in a couple months. I've even given them some of the eggs in an attempt to smooth things over about the chickens being in their yard. But even so, twice in the past few months when our car was gone but someone was home, they've come into our yard and chased our girls. The last time was just a couple weeks ago and they scared some of the girls so badly that we thought they'd been stolen. It was hours before they showed up again. I'm still not completely convinced that one chicken <i>wasn't</i> stolen and just returned later when, again, they thought we weren't home.

Each time the person who was home either just heard the commotion, or saw it from a back window, but everyone was gone before we could get outside to deal with them.

I TOTALLY understand not being happy about someone else's chickens getting into your yard. Chasing them out of your own yard would be fine by me. But these folks were chasing the chickens when they were <i>in our yard</i>. As in, TOTALLY on the other side of our yard from their house. And we've got a BIG yard.

We've caught our neighbors chasing our chickens a couple times. Not Cool. Yes, I know they've gotten out of our yard and into theirs a few times. Three times that I know of. And so we've clipped their wings and worked toward getting better fences. And I think we've been successful in that regard, since I haven't seen a girl get our of our yard in a couple months. I've even given them some of the eggs in an attempt to smooth things over about the chickens being in their yard. But even so, twice in the past few months when our car was gone but someone was home, they've come into our yard and chased our girls. The last time was just a couple weeks ago and they scared some of the girls so badly that we thought they'd been stolen. It was hours before they showed up again. I'm still not completely convinced that one chicken wasn't stolen and just returned later when, again, they thought we weren't home. Each time the person who was home either just heard the commotion, or saw it from a back window, but everyone was gone before we could get outside to deal with them. I TOTALLY understand not being happy about someone else's chickens getting into your yard. Chasing them out of your own yard would be fine by me. But these folks were chasing the chickens when they were in our yard. As in, TOTALLY on the other side of our yard from their house. And we've got a BIG yard.
get a game camera. Once you catch them in your yard, take the photos to the police department and have them served for trespassing and uh--vandalism? There's gotta be a law against bothering someone's livestock.

get a game camera.
Once you catch them in your yard, take the photos to the police department and have them served for trespassing and uh--vandalism? There's gotta be a law against bothering someone's livestock.

If it continues, that's probably exactly what we'll do.
When we thought the chickens were stolen I checked the laws here and saw (as far as I understood) chickens aren't covered by Washington State's livestock law. But there's always trespassing, and maybe animal abuse.

The kicker is their cat comes into our yard ALL the time. He broke our birdbath last summer trying catch a bird. And their little dog gets away occasionally, but seriously, that dog's not a problem to anyone.

House Turkey! Lol. My Turkey friend likes her yard. There are bugs worms, a water spayer, compost pile. My birdies are spoiled but I am not going to buy chicken diapers!

Like ikeep saying, he had to have reached up and grab her and pull her to the other side of the fence, which is a public area. I think a fake camera would be perfect!

Quote:
Yea, and that desperate hombre was only giving the po-po a helping hand by trying to keep your mug shot in a skimpy night set off of the 6:00 news. Incredible!!!!

But that is the government that we created, and I guess that is the only government that we deserve. If you believe otherwise get active.

I sleep in sweats with my taser close by.
That's TSAER as in Tom Swift's Amazing Electric Rifle.

wink.png

I have a nice assortment of weapons! Here is my favorite. Only used it twice, both times to warn a rottweiler who used to try to chase me. Very effective.

Back
Top Bottom