Turkey Virgin

cmobley

Crowing
9 Years
Mar 4, 2015
saraland alabama
So ive decided to try my hand at turkeys for the simple reason im bored and wanna see if i can do it. Ive read over tons of info about feeding and how ignorant they are about starving. Only real question is about my incubator. Nothing fancy just a tsc farm innovators forced air model. Ive always just left my plugs out for chicken and quail eggs should i do the same for turkey eggs.

So ive decided to try my hand at turkeys for the simple reason im bored and wanna see if i can do it. Ive read over tons of info about feeding and how ignorant they are about starving. Only real question is about my incubator. Nothing fancy just a tsc farm innovators forced air model. Ive always just left my plugs out for chicken and quail eggs should i do the same for turkey eggs.

Turkey eggs need just as much air as any other eggs. Leave the plugs out.

You should not believe everything that you read. I don't have any problem getting poults to eat and drink. The key is not to start with just a couple of poults and it doesn't hurt to have a chick in with newly hatched poults.

You definitely should read the Turkeys 101 thread.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-turkeys-what-do-i-need-to-know#post_11309891

Thanks. I read the 101 thread probably gonna read it again im gettin 12 eggs tomorrow for 25 bucks from a guy close to me here in south alabama. I live in the city on a acre and have 7 half grown chicks but my parents live out on 10 acres with 10 Chickens so if any of these hatch and make it. SURPRISE YOUR GRAND PARENTS AGAIN LOL.

Back
Top Bottom