Turkey with swollen face

Bantysloff

In the Brooder
Jul 20, 2022
Ok so this is Penny she is 8-10 years old. All of a sudden today she has developed this swelling in her face. I also can not tell if she is able to see out this eye now. What would cause this?
20240105_195651.jpg

It looks like she might have conjunctivitis and sinus infection which most likely is from a respiratory disease, possibly MG. Tylosin powder to use in the water 1 tsp per gallon for 5 days is a treatment. You can also flush the eye with saline and apply Terramycin or Neosporin ointment to the eye twice daily. If you can gently try to press out any pus from around the eye, that may help too. Here is where to buy Tylosin:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder

It looks like she might have conjunctivitis and sinus infection which most likely is from a respiratory disease, possibly MG. Tylosin powder to use in the water 1 tsp per gallon for 5 days is a treatment. You can also flush the eye with saline and apply Terramycin or Neosporin ointment to the eye twice daily. If you can gently try to press out any pus from around the eye, that may help too. Here is where to buy Tylosin:
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder
Thank you! This is what I was hoping it wouldn't be but hopefully it hasn't already spread to the rest of my birds

So update the antibiotics arrived a few days ago despite paying for 2 day shipping. The first day I made her drink some via syringe but due to my work schedule I have not been home to see her drink at all. Unfortunately I can't get my partner to make sure she gets the antibiotics so I'll have to find another way to do it after I get home well after dark everyday. So far though no difference in her face is noticeable. It has not gotten worse and it has not gotten better either unfortunately. She eats and seems completely normal otherwise I'm just hoping this will help if I can make sure she is actually drinking.

You could mix some more concentrated and give her a little orally now and then when you are home. Is she eating okay? Some Tylosin water could also be added to a bit of food.

You could mix some more concentrated and give her a little orally now and then when you are home. Is she eating okay? Some Tylosin water could also be added to a bit of food.
Yes, she is eating okay. She just ate some cat food and some left over food I tossed out. I did not think of adding the water to the food. I think that would be my best bet. Thank you!

Let us know how she gets along. I haven’t dealt with turkeys, but with swollen eyelids, there can be pus inside the sinuses that may need to come out.

Let us know how she gets along. I haven’t dealt with turkeys, but with swollen eyelids, there can be pus inside the sinuses that may need to come out.
I can see some sort of yellow blob in the corner of her eye but idk how to remove it if even possible

Back
Top Bottom