Turkeys For 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did see that post but still don't know what I am really looking at yet!
hide.gif
Maybe if I post some pictures you could help me? If my luck is the same as chickens, they are probably all boys. LOL
If you can post some clear pictures, I"m sure you will get more than a few opinons. ANd I totally understand. Until you know what the info is refering to, or what it means. Putting terms to a visual takes time and experience. THere are a few good people here to help.

If you can post some clear pictures, I"m sure you will get more than a few opinons. ANd I totally understand. Until you know what the info is refering to, or what it means. Putting terms to a visual takes time and experience. THere are a few good people here to help.

Thanks, I will try to get some updated pictures of them.

It is a cute little one! What are you looking at to say it is a girl. (I am trying to learn) I have 3 that I am not real sure what they are but I am thinking 2 boys and not sure about the other one. I am thinking boys just base on behavior but have no clue what else to be looking for yet. They are about 5 months old.
At 5 months, the easiest tell, I would look for, unless they are all the same breed, hatched at the same time, would be to look at the back of the head, males are bald and hens would be getting a thin line of feathers going up the back if her head. Pictures would help, but it won't be long and the toms will be gobbling, if not doing so already and strutting all over the yard. Hens have thinner legs and a smaller, more cylinder shaped snood, toms have a more triangular shape until it starts elongating. Toms at 5 months are a lot bigger and heavier than hens of the same age and breed. Good Luck !
fl.gif
Hope you get what you want.
hugs.gif

Good Morning?

It is a cute little one! What are you looking at to say it is a girl. (I am trying to learn) I have 3 that I am not real sure what they are but I am thinking 2 boys and not sure about the other one. I am thinking boys just base on behavior but have no clue what else to be looking for yet. They are about 5 months old.
Narragansett's are auto sexting some how but I think it is their coloring that tells you. I still cannot find the info. But when I first got it, it was 4 days old and I checked the wing like you would for a chicken to see if that would tell me anything. And it's wing feathers looked just like a pullet's wing. So that is why I am hoping it is a jenny. We will see....

Here are headshots of the one. He or she kept photo bombing my pictures this weekend. LOL I can try to get better ones.

I will have to upload the videos I got this weekend to youtube after I get home from work tonight. That might help.

LOL...Thanks! So girls tend to be the very nosey ones? They all are nosey but this one especially is under my feet and in my face where ever I go! I will get the videos uploaded tonight and hopefully have some daylight left to take some pictures when I get home. So at least one girl! Yay!
big_smile.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom