Turkeys For 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.
gig.gif

http://www.gatorama.com/showpage.asp?page=recipes

My bourbon red Tom is sick. He keeps coughing and breathing with his mouth open. He is still eating and drinking. Is there anything else I can give him to get better I read that maybe wheat germ oil would help also. Any help would be great. Message me please

Quote: I left home long ago and rarely go back-- it's complicated. I see my mom occassionally but have not had a Christmas dinner or THanksgiving dinner with her for 25 years-- her meals are so memorable that I can still remember them-- maybe because I did some of the cooking and baking!! lol

THese days I go to MIl's -- horrible food is the name of the game. I started bringing the turkey as I just couldn't stand another steamed bird. Mushy skin and no gravy. yuck. I always bring the foods I want to eat.

I left home long ago and rarely go back-- it's complicated. I see my mom occassionally but have not had a Christmas dinner or THanksgiving dinner with her for 25 years-- her meals are so memorable that I can still remember them-- maybe because I did some of the cooking and baking!! lol

THese days I go to MIl's -- horrible food is the name of the game. I started bringing the turkey as I just couldn't stand another steamed bird. Mushy skin and no gravy. yuck. I always bring the foods I want to eat.
That is exactly what I would do.

Quote: MY BIL makes my mothers onion casserole!! We make the turkey and the stuffing. ANd the bread. THis year I will make my MIL jello salad, the one she doesn't make any more becaue grand daughter likes the other one. SO I'll make some for me.

I've reached the age that if I don't feel like going-- I enjoy a day home with jjust me and the animals. Very peaceful.

MY BIL makes my mothers onion casserole!! We make the turkey and the stuffing. ANd the bread. THis year I will make my MIL jello salad, the one she doesn't make any more becaue grand daughter likes the other one. SO I'll make some for me.

I've reached the age that if I don't feel like going-- I enjoy a day home with jjust me and the animals. Very peaceful.
I finally made my dads dressing two years ago and it was so good! My mom used to make jello salads we all loved them too.
I had my time when my kids lived at home cooking all the holiday meals and I loved it. I miss is too. Now I cook a small holiday dinner for a few of us here. But sometimes I like to go to Florida to spend time with my kids and grandkids there because we don't get to see them much.
There are times we just stay at home also.

3 Wild Turkey in our back yard right now. I had 3 eggs from wild turkey this spring a friend found & gave to me. Unfortunately the Tom thought the sitting hens was an invitation to him & he ended up breaking over 50% of the eggs, including the wild ones. They had developing embryo too.

3 Wild Turkey in our back yard right now. I had 3 eggs from wild turkey this spring a friend found & gave to me. Unfortunately the Tom thought the sitting hens was an invitation to him & he ended up breaking over 50% of the eggs, including the wild ones. They had developing embryo too.
Maybe you will get lucky and if the hen feels safe maybe she will lay some eggs for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom