Turnbull Farms hatching quail egg reviews/opinions?

I may be the exception here but I did not have the best experience. I made my order via Amazon as Turnbull sells through there and I waited weeks for my order to ship directly from Turnbull. Apparently the freezing temps were holding up things. When it did ship, USPS did not get it delivered on time; was a day late which was not good for the eggs. That is not Turnbull's fault per say but made it all the worse when I waited over two weeks for the eggs to ship from them. I incubated in an RCom incubator and only 2 of twelve hatched. Half seemed to be infertile and the other half had stopped in various stages of development. Again, out of their control but it still did not sit well with me with only 2 hatching. I may try them again but would be in the warmer time of year about spring/summer and not in November/December. I hope everyone who uses Turnbull has great hatches and I don't with them ill will, just sharing my own experience.

Hi. I'm a new Quailer. I have ordered 3 dozen fertilized quail from Turnbull over the last few months and have ended up with 4 beautiful quail--3 of which lay gorgeous eggs most days. It's been a really interesting experience. I'm sure the extreme low hatch rate is on my part. The birds I've figured out how to hatch and raise are so healthy and special. I'll certainly continue to be a patron of Turnbull farms. Right now I've got 18 button quail in the incubator set to hatch in a week from ''worldoffeathers' on ebay. Ever heard of them anyone?
I love the moment (every single time) when I see a newly laid egg! Especially when they're crazy weird. I'm so happy I stumbled upon this hobby (art? craft?). Do you ever fantasize about cultivating your own first-of-a-kind of quail? Man. Every day I nerd it up more and more with these fine birds. I've a good feeling about this.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom