Turning a shed into a coop.

Pics
Thanks for posting a pic of your roost area. I really like the idea of a poop table! I hadn't thought of that before & might incorporate it into my coop design. Would nesting boxes work underneath?

Indeed that is where I put my roll out nest box Mk4. Hmm, I'm having trouble finding photos of it but here is one during the construction of the coop. It's attached to the framing of the poop table and the floor tilts to the front so the eggs all roll to the front under the cover. After everyone is done dropping their eggs I lift the lid and collect them.
nest-box-mk4-01.jpg

JT

Indeed that is where I put my roll out nest box Mk4. Hmm, I'm having trouble finding photos of it but here is one during the construction of the coop. It's attached to the framing of the poop table and the floor tilts to the front so the eggs all roll to the front under the cover. After everyone is done dropping their eggs I lift the lid and collect them.
View attachment 2377376

JT
Do you have any sketched plans for this design? If you do, have a neighbor who could help me replicate it. My girls haven't started laying yet, so this would be the perfect time to introduce the roll-out-under-the-poop-table design. I love it!! It will be so easy to keep clean:)

Back
Top Bottom