Turning the EGGS while incubating???

lebedkat

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 26, 2011
Please, I need some help!
I got my cortunix eggs on Monday, got them started in the incubator at around 6p.m.... now turning them 3 times a day manually ( with gloves). The problem is, I have to leave for 2 days ( leaving Sunday around noon and coming back Tusday mid morning). There will be nobody to turn the eggs..... It will be 7th and 8th day... will they be OK????

They should be okay.
smile.png
If it is possible get a neighbor or friend to help.
welcome-byc.gif

Thank you for comforting:) This is my first trial and I am really worried.

Egg turning is more important during the first half of the incubation period than at the end, and although they need to turn thru out the entire cycle, day 7 and 8 are too early to not be turned. However, that doesn't mean they won't be ok. They may or may not hatch.

If you can not find someone to turn them for you, just take your chances and keep your fingers crossed!

Thank you all for replying... Maybe I will be able to reduce time we'll be away somehow.....

Totally off the wall, and you would have to get some expert opinion on this, but what if you turned the heat down to just 99 deg or so?

What I'm thinking is if "cooking" them slow, increases the time to hatch, perhaps, incubating them at a lower temp will slow down their development enough to minimize the impact of the time when they aren't being turned.

Just a thought. I don't know if that would work at all. I don't know enough about chick embryology to know for sure.

It makes sense... but I have NO idea if it's true. I don't have ANY experience and no knowledge of embyology:D

Can you get ahold of an automatic turner? Or try finding a friend to turn your eggs? They really should be turned so the embryo gets all the nutrition possible while incubating.

Back
Top Bottom