Turning the EGGS while incubating???

Mutant quail with 2 heads and 3 legs is what you are going to get!
lau.gif

Quote:
Personally, I think you may be cookin' up a case of "double jeopardy" by considering this as a plan to avoid failure by the eggs not getting turned.

Quote:
Personally, I think you may be cookin' up a case of "double jeopardy" by considering this as a plan to avoid failure by the eggs not getting turned.

X2

IF YOU CANT TURN THEM LET IT RIDE AND DONT WORRY ABOUT IT

Here's an awesome summary of research being done on turning with references to the papers.

http://www.pasreform.com/academy/frequently-asked-questions/incubation/26-relevance-of-turning.html

As JJMR794 said, let them alone and don't worry about it. (The key is not worrying. Good luck with that!)
smile.png

I did find an interesting abstract on temperature variations during incubation (letting eggs get to room temp). I can't find the whole paper on the net. But basically, going to room temperature (they did it daily) doesn't effect the physiological development but just causes a delay in growth. In the study, they found every 2 deg C delayed growth by 1 day.

So basically, the lab studies just confirmed with a bunch of fancy talk what all the experienced members of this board already know from years of doing.

This study even suggests that eggs should be turned at least 90 degrees every hour and that embryos that are turned any less grow slower. So the typical three times a day we often read about isn't what they suggest. I think hatcheries do the 24 times a day turning. There is a study suggesting 90 times a day is best......

With all of these studies the one thing that should stand out to you is that everyone does it different and that wether they do it 90 times or 3 they still hatch. Take care of you family. I think it will be just fine.... just don't give up if they don't hatch the due date LOL

With all these studies and fretting over incubation temps/humidity/turning sometimes I think, it's amazing that hens do it all the time.

I wonder when the last time hens had their thermometers and hygrometers calibrated!

I'm just laughing because I'm one of those people with 4 thermometer/hygrometers in my 'bator and I check them every chance I get as I wonder just what is going on in those eggs and if everything is OK.

If I could put a little window in the egg shell, I totally would.

Quote:
You know, I read somewhere that with natural incubation by the hen, they can get away with these temp issues, not turning eggs, low humidity. But for some reason, in the artificial world, it must be done right. I guess we humans are not supposed to be messing with the real thing!
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom