Tux is missing, Nugget's best buddy!

Still shaking my head over someone stealing a handicapped rooster. Wonder if they just reached inside in the dark and snatched the first one they could reach, not realizing anything was wrong with him. This beats all.

I think that is probably exactly what happened because everyone else would have been up on the roost. He slept in a milk crate because he's incapable of getting up on a roost. What bothers me, and makes me think I know the person in some way, is that they took the time to close the door again and prop the 2x4 against it to help hold it shut. During the wind last week the latch broke so I have to prop the 2x4 against it, and it was put back.

It still seems odd, to reach in and grab just one. Very nice they closed the door again, otherwise the scenario could be tragic. It still amazes me someone would steal a chicken. It really makes you appreciate good people even more.

Once again Sorry!

Are you beefing up security? Seems like if you think you know them and they were so careful. They'll be back.

Take Care,

Imp/Russ

I am so so sorry Kate. What on earth is wrong with people these days...stealing pets and such. I will pray Tux is found and returned home safely.

Quote:
If you have a remote control. anything with the same frequency can set it off. If you see it happen again, note the day and the time. If it happens frequently ask the gate company to send a fix for a new frequency.

there is a key fob for a garage door at our workplace. it will open one of the automatic handicap doors if you press the button.

Well, that is awful, but I wonder if someone was just drastically hungry. Just kind of strikes me, an ignorant teenager or trouble maker would not have shut the door, a grown up would have just taken the first handy thing and gone. I don't know why, but kind of strikes me that someone was sorry they had to do it. Not that its any better, but if someone steals my chickens, I hope its because their children are hungry.

Taking a poor, handicapped rooster is one of the meanest things I've ever heard of!! Have you thought about making lots of copies of the lost notice you posted at the feed store and putting them all over the place? Maybe the thief will get worried that someone will notice and return Tux. You could also offer a small reward for anyone who "finds" him. So sorry!!

Back
Top Bottom