Tux is missing, Nugget's best buddy!

WriterofWords

Has Fainting Chickens
14 Years
Dec 25, 2007
Chaparral, New Mexico
Tux is the roo that broke his neck and used to sleep with Nugget and Nugget protected him. Sometime during the night he disappeared. He sleeps in the coop with the ladies and everyone is there, I never heard anything but Steven said the roo's sounded an alarm about 2:30 this morning but when he looked out he didn't see anything. Someone had to have come onto my property, opened the door to the playhouse coop, grabbed him left. The door was closed though so whoever it was at least did that. I know he was in there last night because it was freezing cold and Tux is the last one we check on to make sure he is in his straw bed and warm since he has such physical difficulties. When I opened up to feed, he was gone.

Ohh Writer.. Honey I am soo sorry
hugs.gif
.. This is soo devastaing.... I hope you find the lil guy.. I am gonna be sending prayers for you and yours .. When it rains it pours huh....

I know it is frustrating! Tux is a big roo, he was born spraddle-leggeg, pigeon-toed, broke his neck, can't run or fight, why on God's green Earth would someone sneak in and take him!

Oh, No!! You have so many gorgeous guys, seems strange someone would steal Tux!! ( not indicating he isn't gorgeous and special, but to a non- chickenlover, he'd be considered a reject). Dang it.. that really stinks.

Just recently I was sitting here in the computer room and I can look out the widow behind the computer and see the coop perfectly. I was sitting at the computer and talking to my mom and I seen my pullets walking around the yard
barnie.gif
. So I said a few curse words and ran out the door, hanging up on my mom. They are new to the coop and they can't free range for another week or so. Our whole acre in the back yard is privacy fenced and has a nice automatic gate that stays closed so I have no worries about them getting out of the yard. I just don't want to have to make them come in at night.

Anyhow. Our gate was open and the pullets were just scratching around the yard. Don't ask me HOW the coop door was opened because I always double check and my husband didn't go out there the night before. This just boggles my mind! It has a latch on the door so that one can get out.

I believe my nosey neighbors secretly hate the chickens and wanted to let them out! ERRR I could have killed someone.

Oh, I'm sorry.
sad.png
How strange and sad that he disappeared. It's truly bizarre if someone went in and took him, but I've heard stranger stories.

I hope he somehow returns to you. It sounds like he needs your help and lives a happy life with you.

Back
Top Bottom