TV Dinners~ bad for you?

Funky Feathers

former Fattie
11 Years
Jan 15, 2009
Maryland
My Coop
My Coop
I'll let you decide. Look at the pic. They come in Plastic containers, which when heated in the microwave release cancer-causing Dioxins. Yet commercials on TV are still trying to sell us plastic food cookers. Wha....? This is a TV Dinner I took out of its plastic container and put on a ceramic plate and then microwaved it (keep in mind microwaving is radiation).

tvdinner1.jpg

hard for home cooking from scratch when you live in an apartment 12 hour work shifts and make ends meat. That 2.50 cent dinner that takes 10 minutes to cook is real appetizing.

Quote:
I work full time and an apartment has nothing to do with it. You have a stove and an oven. Are you lacking recipes? There is a GREAT source for them right here on BYC.

Quote:
2 hours?? Dude we need to talk. I can get a good meal on the table in 30 minutes or less.

ETA: I cooked cornish game hens tonight with little work and it took 90 minutes. Weekend cooking. My weekday cooking takes about 30-45 minutes. Most are about 10 minutes.

Last edited:
when I used to work at the mine here in town, they used to stock the freezer in the security shack with tv dinners in case we got snowed in or an emergency happened and we were stuck on site. well one winter few years back we got snowed in pretty good, we got 4 feet of snow in less then 6 hours and then it rained, we were stuck....all the meals ended up being handed out, I was pregnant and I had only brought enough food for my 12 hour shift, I ended having to eat 2 of those meals, they were to my opinion really gross but in a pinch its still food.

after that snow storm and being caught up at work with no where to go in the middle of the bush, (thank god for back up generators btw cause it was 40C below) the mine concluded it did not stock enough food to feed all employees and contractors in case of another emergency and the security shack was expanded and a whole room was dedicated for a pantry of canned good and huge water bottles. they also provide gatorades and freezies for extra hot days, hot chocolate, coffee and tea, sugar and cream in abundance, vending machines and hot showers, soaps, towels and warm clothing. this overhaul really amazed everyone, which proved to us they actually did care about their employees.

I should add, I rather eat the frozen meal, then the emergency food packs they have...now those can be quite gross!!!

Ema

the BEST apt cooking is a cheap crock pot...throw in before work..dinner is WAITING for you when you get home...

add in some bread, a sald or some veggies..voila! dinner in 5 min!

I can make a heck of a meal for $2.50 for a single person!

You can get a whole chicken; put it in crock pot..and have a meal that night..
then the next day you can have chicken salad sandwich for lunch..then the next day you can have homemade chicken noodle soup! 3 meals from ONE bird..if not more..

If you need recipes...we can help!!

Back
Top Bottom