Tween Chicks

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by cre8fstmpr, Oct 3, 2008.

1. cre8fstmpr

cre8fstmpr New Egg

Jul 17, 2008
    We're so totally new to this chicken thing. We are very fascinated. Here's an update to the initial "box" post almost a month ago. We'd love some help on figuring out what breeds we got (we ordered a "rainbow variety" - so it's a random surprise)

http://reluctantfarmchik.com/tweenage-chicks

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I am not any good at guessing what breed chicks are, but there are lots of people here that are so I wanted to get your post back up where, hopefully, someone will see it and be able to give you some ideas.

With thousands of posts sometimes these things get lost for a bit.

Edited to add: You may want to change your title to ask for help in IDing chicks. That will let people know what your post is about.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2008
  3. Year of the Rooster

Year of the Rooster Sebright Savvy

Jun 27, 2008
    West Central Ohio
    Cute! [​IMG] You definitely have some EE's and maybe some Black Australorps.

4. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    It might help to have it in the right forum as well. There is a 'what breed or gender is this?' forum, that would be more appropriate for this question. That being said, I can't help either [​IMG] hope someone comes along that knows more.

5. lovinthechickens

lovinthechickens Chillin' With My Peeps

May 30, 2008
    northern SD county, CA
    I can tell that the chick, farthest to the left in the 2nd pic is either a barred rock or a dominique.

6. bluie

bluie Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2007
    In the second pic, the black and white chick with the black legs looks like an austrolorp. In the same pic, the chick by the waterer with the really pale legs looks like a buff orpington. IMHO

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by