Twilight movie updates

Quote:
wee.gif
I agree. There was lots of random staring, but it made it quite entertaining, and in the book there was lots of random staring, so it's okay!
smile.png
lol
pop.gif
love.gif

Quote:
I have to say, I agree with that last paragraph. I was absolutely disgusted with the last book. The first one was the best, although Bella was, well, wimpy.
roll.png
Of corse Edward is possessive. He's fallen in love with a girl that would usually be his food.
droolin.gif
He's a vampire. It's his nature... lol

Quote:
Yes, you should. Atleast the first one. The others aren't very good. I've found when Steph wasn't writing for anyone, she made it great. After that, she was under too much pressure. The first one is amazing.

Quote:
Yes, you should. Atleast the first one. The others aren't very good. I've found when Steph wasn't writing for anyone, she made it great. After that, she was under too much pressure. The first one is amazing.

Yes, read them. Most of my daughter's friends have, both male & female. Supposedly new books are coming out from Edward's perspective, too.

The 2nd book had good and bad in it. I think it wil make a great movie because they can fast-forward over a lot of moping & whining to get to some great action bits.

If you remember, I am a librarian. I have read all of the books in the series and HOPE that she releases this last one that she wrote. The director of my library has not read them. But today, myself, my boss (the director of the library) and 2 other staff members are going to see it. We call it.. lol.. "research".
wink.png
wink.png

I listened to one of the books on Cd and my 10 year old caught bits and pieces and loved it. I am going to see why is is rated PG-13 today and decided if she can go see it.

They always ruin good movies with a small, stupid sex scene it seems.

Other than kissing, there are no sex scenes. I think the vampire violence is the reason for the PG-13.

Seeing the movie is good research to do
wink.png

What did YOU think of books 2 & 3, Ms Librarian?

Quote:
I read it (I'm a sucker for a vampire story), and while I didn't find anything offensive as far as "adult content" or anything like that, I was really disturbed by the female protagonist's character, and her relationship with her "true love."

She's just not someone I'd want my daughter to emulate in ANY way. She's shallow and whiny, and completely dependent on her boyfriend for 100% of her self-worth and happiness, which is kind of sad.
sad.png

I'm hoping the movie will actually improve on these characterizations a little!

I talked to my daughters about Bella being kinda winmpy and pathetic.
And about the fact that her true love is perfect in a way no real man could ever be. Think about it: He has no BO or bad breath, is richer than Bill Gates, smart, romantic, never gets sick or injured (in the books). He's an unrealistic ideal.

That said, I still want to see the movie. I like the story.

Are you kidding??? I am banking on my teenage daughter holding out for the perfect man. At LEAST til she's out of High school. I hope she wants someone who doesn't smell, is richer than bill gates and so forth. There aren't any like that where I live....which will keep her out of trouble for the remainig years of high school
fl.gif
hide.gif

Back
Top Bottom