Twilight movie updates

Steven saw the movie yesterday when it came out here. He said it was very good, stuck pretty close to the books, they did over-do it with Bella being wimpy but she's supposed to be a weak character. He didn't like the scenes that were added or adapted from the book though. There was a scene in the book at the docks where some ganged up on a human and killed him but left it to your imagination as to how it was done, but in the movie they showed the scene differently and it was over-done and violent.
The character Eric isn't portrayed the same as in the book, he's Asian suddenly.
Over all it was good.

I'm so depressed about the movie!
lol.png
I just got back from seeing it. It was probably the worst movie I've ever seen, no joke. I can tell they tried to stay very close to the book, which I appreciate, but the acting was SO bad and the whole thing felt very low budget that every scene was just awkward awkward awkward. Everyone was cracking up during most of it because of how awkward it was.

Having read the first two books pre-hype, I'm rather reluctant to go see it in theatres after it's been MTV and Hot Topic-ized... Also I really didn't like the books too much, they read like some bad fiction written by a dreamy teenage girl. I agree with those of you who have said things about Bella's character; she's a HORRIBLE role-model, anyone who's read New Moon can vouch for this. Wanting to kill herself because her "one-true-love" left? Puhlease.

That said, I also hate Edward, he's controlling and possessive, and no girl with any self-worth would wanna be with him.

I'm a total Jacob fan btw~

And anyone who says the series isn't graphic has not read Breaking Dawn; warning to parents: there is "adult-relations" about every other page, and a VERY graphic and horrifying birth scene which I'm afraid to explain into detail here... let's just say the baby isn't born normally at ALL, if interested PM me.

I'm 19, and that book was a little too mature for me... I couldn't even finish it.

Saw the movie and was delighted. The awkwardness didn't have ANYONE laughing in the theatre we went to. Everyone was very quiet, except for when Charlie met Edward. His handling of the gun was very funny!

The characters were all as I'd imagined them. Bella was mostly a wimp, as expected. The Cullen family was well chosen.
Edward needs to refine his eyebrows.

I've always been a Jacob fan. When I told my kids I thought they'd picked a very attractive guy to play Jacob, they groaned at me. When he appeared onscreen DD2 leaned over and said, "He IS really pretty, isn't he!"

DD1 and I had both read the books and were very pleased with how they adapted it to the screen. DD2 hasn't read the books yet but will very soon I'm sure.

LittleYellowOne, I didn't find Breaking Dawn to be that sexually graphic. I was a little weirded out by the plot-line for a while, though. I had no problem with my almost 16-yr old DD1 reading it. She thought it was a little gross but read it all the way through. I doubt DD2 gets to that one anytime soon, but if she does and has a problem with it then we'll talk about it.

There are a LOT of worse books out there and my kids are free to read what they like as long as I get to read them as well. There are no banned books at my house. I suspect the Manga books they read are worse, but I haven't read all of them yet to be sure...

I am very eager to see the next movie!!
I am looking forward to seeing more of Bella & Jacob together
smile.png

They will be discussing the making of New Moon next week. Sure hope they convince the same director to come back, as well as all the cast!!!

Last edited:
I saw it and LOVED IT!!!!!!!! My daughter CANNOT get over Edward! (Nethier can I!)
uhilun
he.gif

Geez. I overhead some kids talking about "Twilight" on the city bus. I thought it was just another street drug. I really have to get a new battery for my hearing aid.

Rufus

I enjoyed the movie, and I have not read the books. I didn't care for all the "staring" done between the two but my DD (who has read the books - except the last one) said it's supposed to be like that. And yeah, Bella is not my favorite character.

I am in full agreement about Jacob!
big_smile.png
Native Americans are
love.gif
thumbsup.gif
wink.png

DD loved the movie.

I did a fan-girly squeal about the Half-Blood Prince preview before the movie started.
woot.gif
lol.png

Back
Top Bottom