Twin seram egg

OMGOODNESS that is awesome!
That is exactly what I thought when I candled, was so excited but also very nervous due to the hatch rate on twins. I have never been very successful hatching Serama . This time is so very different, I purchased 6 eggs by post, on candling on day 8, 1 went out and was left with 5 and they are all very much moving around in the egg. It completely fascinated me.

It’s very possible it’s twins
I got mine right to the end
Make sure you run a higher humidity as you want a smaller air cell giving them more room in the egg to grow
Don’t go by the normal lockdown as they can hatch early so watch your eggs like crazy. Once you see signs of getting ready ti hatch put them on lockdown and check them every 3-4 hours
I missed my bruise as I broke my toe that night and forgot to set my alarm. I was devastated to find egg 1 had dead babies when they tried
If you see a bruise outside the air cell area make a safety hole right away in the middle of the bruise just a small hole pin size so air gets in and they don’t suffocate
If one does make the air cell be ready to make safety hole early as often then are squished and won’t turn to zip or hit the shell
The hatch is truly the hard part with twins and it has to be treated different then a regular egg
I’m sending positives vibes and will follow along
Good luck

It’s very possible it’s twins
I got mine right to the end
Make sure you run a higher humidity as you want a smaller air cell giving them more room in the egg to grow
Don’t go by the normal lockdown as they can hatch early so watch your eggs like crazy. Once you see signs of getting ready ti hatch put them on lockdown and check them every 3-4 hours
I missed my bruise as I broke my toe that night and forgot to set my alarm. I was devastated to find egg 1 had dead babies when they tried
If you see a bruise outside the air cell area make a safety hole right away in the middle of the bruise just a small hole pin size so air gets in and they don’t suffocate
If one does make the air cell be ready to make safety hole early as often then are squished and won’t turn to zip or hit the shell
The hatch is truly the hard part with twins and it has to be treated different then a regular egg
I’m sending positives vibes and will follow along
Good luck
Thank you so very much for this advice, I am checking them daily just now of which I do not normally do. It’s usually 8 days then remove the eggs that are dud. Then before lockdown, all is still looking good and healthy but starting to become more filled now so cannot see as much as I was previously seeing. Will keep posted on all, lockdown is Sunday of which I am thinking on getting another incubator up and running as there is another 6 eggs which are not Serama in there. Thank you so very much.

Thank you so very much for this advice, I am checking them daily just now of which I do not normally do. It’s usually 8 days then remove the eggs that are dud. Then before lockdown, all is still looking good and healthy but starting to become more filled now so cannot see as much as I was previously seeing. Will keep posted on all, lockdown is Sunday of which I am thinking on getting another incubator up and running as there is another 6 eggs which are not Serama in there. Thank you so very much.
With my twins I checked them daily as well. It’s important to see what’s going on

Back
Top Bottom