Two broody hens - Fort Collins Colorado

whatmomwants

Chirping
11 Years
Apr 26, 2011
I have two small but fierce two year old hens that have been broody for more months of their lives than not. They are a bantam Cochin roo/ black&white spangled Hamburg hen mix. They are beautiful and look nearly identical. I have a full house but would love to let them set on eggs. If anyone is interested in hatching a flock they would be a great way to go. No warming lights etc. They love to sit together on the same nest, are inseparable and would probably even mother well together.
Let me know if you are interested - I could even provide fertilized eggs if you don't mind a mix of breeds.
Laurie

They look just like a gold spangled Hamburg with feathered legs and a larger comb.
I'll try to get pics if anyone is interested.

Hi there!
I'm looking for some broody hens. I'm a little worried that yours could be a little on the small side for me. all my hens (and rooster) are standard size.
I know Hamburgs seem to hold their own pretty well, but my standard cochin is so mellow she just accepts being bottom of the food chain and is cool with it.
Do you have any pictures of them?

I do have pictures of them - My computer crashed yesterday. I'll PM you with an email. I'm in FC too so maybe you could come see them.

Laurie

Back
Top Bottom