Two Chicks are out but humidity is skyrocketing. should i do anything???Help newbie here

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by amijab, Feb 25, 2012.

1. amijab

amijab Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 30, 2011
    Here is my brinsea mini advanced. I do not have a hygrometer or whatever. I just followed the directions to fill both reservoirs but the humidity seems to be really high. Should i do anything. Third one is hatching now. some water is actually coming out the bottom of the incubator.
    [​IMG]

2. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    I had it happen to me.Right or Wrong I got some paper towels ready removed top wiped dry, removed eggs and chicks and wiped that area dry and put it all back together. Had a great hatch otherwise....cva34

3. marneypoo

marneypoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2010
    Kentucky
    Do you have an air vent to open or a air plug of some sort to remove?

4. cva34

cva34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 10, 2011
    Van Vleck ,TX
    Good point .But its only got 2 small holes on dome lid where it meets the base maybe 1/16 in .One on Dome where it meets Black control top maybe 3/16 in hole.Have been toying with maybe drilling another on other side of Dome.BUT?????...cva34

Been playing with it in spare time.Factory water set up is a 2 in D plastic cup in center.Its divided vertically ,so it has 2 chambers.Factory says Fill one side for Inc./ both sides for Lockdown.

Right now running W/O water and a calibrated HYD in it RH is 32%
    Running with 1 side of chamber filled with H2O RH is 62%
    Running it with both chambers filled with H2O RH is 80 %+

Looks like I got problem found .Just got to figure out how to reduce chamber size.Without permanently modifying it..Need to find something to fit in one chamber that reduces its surface area by maybe 1/2 or so for Inc.. then during LD run with only one side filled and the reduced size one MT (empty)....cva34

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by