Two chicks out, one very lathargic

Katepoole

In the Brooder
Jun 28, 2020
So yesterday we had some issues with one of the chicks that ended in an assisted hatch (she was stuck fast in one position) and was still attached to her cord to begin with she’s doing really well though, been super active from hatching and bouncing around the brooder currently. Ive had another hatch not long ago, but she’s very lethargic so obviously I’ve left her as she is and not touched her she kinda popped out and just slept straight away is that normal? Pictures of kally the hatchling from yesterday, the pipped chick and hamster the lethargic chick from this afternoon. I have one more pipped and two not yet showing signs of pip we are day 21/22.

Attachments

• 1860E375-1CD0-4C8E-AD8E-F3C375D33A2D.jpeg
    1860E375-1CD0-4C8E-AD8E-F3C375D33A2D.jpeg
    243.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 1304F5DC-DD0A-4CED-B2E5-4EE890CC0192.png
    1304F5DC-DD0A-4CED-B2E5-4EE890CC0192.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 1
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1
That is normal. Chicks are completely exhausted after their strenuous arrival into the world. Leave her be, and as soon as she's active and slightly dried off, I would remove her so she doesn't mess up the other eggs. She'll be fine. If she made it out she's very strong and is a fighter

That is normal. Chicks are completely exhausted after their strenuous arrival into the world. Leave her be, and as soon as she's active and slightly dried off, I would remove her so she doesn't mess up the other eggs. She'll be fine. If she made it out she's very strong and is a fighter
She’s a bit more active but no where near as active as the first. She’s between awake and resting so hopefully won’t be too long and she’ll perk up more, Thankyou for you reply x x

Back
Top Bottom