Two dead chicks with no injuries

I didn’t see any mold. I cleaned out all of the wet chips and scraped off the wet muck from the floor and let it sit to dry out. Then I went back inside and scraped the rest out. I put fresh wood chips down and I am going to pick up some Corid. Should I give the corid to my adults and 6-week-olds too? They are together in a separate pen from the chicks but close enough to be able to hear each other. I had to put the chicks back in their coop because I had to leave. I replaced everything fresh though so will they be ok until I get back?

Can you go take some pictures of the coop you have these chicks in now?

I didn’t see any mold. I cleaned out all of the wet chips and scraped off the wet muck from the floor and let it sit to dry out. Then I went back inside and scraped the rest out. I put fresh wood chips down and I am going to pick up some Corid. Should I give the corid to my adults and 6-week-olds too? They are together in a separate pen from the chicks but close enough to be able to hear each other. I had to put the chicks back in their coop because I had to leave. I replaced everything fresh though so will they be ok until I get back?

The problem with mold is that by the time you see it that means there is enough to have proliferated into growth. Mold is a spore and can be present even if it's not visible.

I'm so sorry about your babies! :hugs

Here are some pictures of chicks in the coop and the coop’s space and ventilation. I also provided a picture of an Egyptian Fayomi I found acting strange. It is panting and laying around. It got up when I went to pick it up and ran around but was still panting. I am using the app and for some reason it will only let me post one picture at a time so... lots of messages.

Attachments

• E3F156D8-CAD6-4529-892A-3527F170C752.jpeg
    E3F156D8-CAD6-4529-892A-3527F170C752.jpeg
    814.2 KB · Views: 15
Another one...
This is the ventilation. The tarp is meant to prevent leaks that sometimes occur. Obviously it doesn’t always work.

Attachments

• 3050794E-7A3B-4A1A-A3DB-971C0A6BBA28.jpeg
    3050794E-7A3B-4A1A-A3DB-971C0A6BBA28.jpeg
    682.8 KB · Views: 14
Here are some pictures of chicks in the coop and the coop’s space and ventilation. I also provided a picture of an Egyptian Fayomi I found acting strange. It is panting and laying around. It got up when I went to pick it up and ran around but was still panting. I am using the app and for some reason it will only let me post one picture at a time so... lots of messages.
It looks like they are all as far away as possible from the heat lamp.
I'd take it out immediately.

Back
Top Bottom