Two dead chicks with no injuries

It looks like they are all as far away as possible from the heat lamp.
I'd take it out immediately.
They move over there when I open the door. The big door scares them I guess.
Anyways... here’s the other half of the coop.

Attachments

• 466138F6-3A63-4A09-B1C9-49D579F65B6F.jpeg
    466138F6-3A63-4A09-B1C9-49D579F65B6F.jpeg
    757.2 KB · Views: 11
The Egyptian fayomi that’s acting odd. None of the other chicks are panting. Only this one. And this chick is usually active and flighty, not sitting around.

Attachments

• AF8EBE85-1F7C-4B29-A286-59FDE2C18F5F.jpeg
    AF8EBE85-1F7C-4B29-A286-59FDE2C18F5F.jpeg
    369.3 KB · Views: 11
The Egyptian fayomi that’s acting odd. None of the other chicks are panting. Only this one. And this chick is usually active and flighty, not sitting around.

I'm not sure what your weather has been like but that heat lamp is really low to the ground. I don't think I had it that close when I brought my chicks home and they were only 5 or so days old :confused:

Is it possible the Egyptian is overly warm? I know with my babies it takes next to nothing to overheat them and they start open mouth breathing.

I am in Texas.
I can tell you there is no way in the world I would have a heat lamp on any chick over a couple days old here right now.

I can not stress enough that I think you are over heating your birds.

I have a confirmed specimen of poop that indicates Coccidious. It was bloody and not normal. I going to start treatmeant immediately. Should I treat my other flock as well?

Yes. Treat everyone on the property.

if they don't have it the treatment will not hurt them It's better to treat just in case.
I have a confirmed specimen of poop that indicates Coccidious. It was bloody and not normal. I going to start treatmeant immediately. Should I treat my other flock as well?

I hate to give you a hard time about the heat lamp but I can tell you that coccidia breed very well in damp warm places.

Remind me Do you have the liquid or powder Corid on hand?

I would. From my understanding in close quarters like that there's every chance they all have been exposed. Also, like @Texas Kiki said, remove the heat lamp. For sure during the day, at least. Maybe try a buddy box if you're worried they'll get cold at night. Just take a cardboard box, cut a U shape out of one side for them to get in and fill it with clean, dry bedding. If they're really cold they'll crawl in and snuggle down!

I hope everyone is back to healthy ASAP!

Back
Top Bottom