Two eggs laid one soft and one rough both colors off from their normal color!

Hen Pecked Wolves

In the Brooder
May 27, 2023
My sapphire, Jim, Dorothy Dandridge did not lay an egg yesterday or the day before that today she lay two eggs, one soft and Broken, and one really rough! Both of them the coloring was completely off from her normal beautiful brown! Can anyone tell me why they think this happened? The egg on the left is what her eggs normally look like.
IMG_9197.jpeg
IMG_9195.jpeg

As long as the hen is acting normal, and this does not happen frequently, I would not worry. Chickens just do lay strange eggs sometimes.

The extra-rough egg got too much calcium on the outside, and the softshell egg didn't get enough.

A hen can produce a double-yolk egg (2 yolks in one shell.) In this case, yours produced two that were much closer together than usual but not close enough to be in the same shell. But the second one didn't get a proper shell, maybe because it was following so closely behind the first one.

As long as the hen is acting normal, and this does not happen frequently, I would not worry. Chickens just do lay strange eggs sometimes.

The extra-rough egg got too much calcium on the outside, and the softshell egg didn't get enough.

A hen can produce a double-yolk egg (2 yolks in one shell.) In this case, yours produced two that were much closer together than usual but not close enough to be in the same shell. But the second one didn't get a proper shell, maybe because it was following so closely behind the first one.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom