two eggs one day?!?

muddygirl0620

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014

Had a buff brahma lay her very first egg today and later in the day she laid a second should i be concerned or happy...both have beautiful shells neither of which are soft..

And the next question i have a rooster so im sure they will be fertile have u heard of anyone hatching their first eggs

Congratulations on your eggs! I don't know the answers, to your questions, but mine are similar in nature. We purchased six chicks to start our flock. All suppose to be girls, but I am pretty sure one is going to be a rooster. If he is not troublesome I would like to keep him. We live in a residential area and our code just says no poultry for commercial use. It does not specify no roosters, so I am going to see what happens. However, I had done a lot of research before buying my girls and now I am a little stuck as to how the Rooster changes things?

Last edited:
The rooster give her fertile eggs ... If no rooster u. Will still get eggs just not one that will hatch... Both are fine for eating so long as u get them as soon as the are laid...but my girl had her very first egg and had a second one in one day ... Not sure how that happens and they are long over due for laying...we had a really cold snowy winter and i got these babies in july and they r just now laying but lile i said they were maturing during the winter... Hoping to go out this morning and find new eggs

I am sure you will find new eggs. I saw on someone else's post that sometimes you get two a day and none the next. Said something like laying every 18 hours. I can't remember where I read it though.

When pullets first start laying a lot of unusual things can happen: small eggs, oversized eggs, soft shells, no yolks, double yolks, speckled shells, two in one day, laying at night, or laying in odd places. The will get better at at. I have never heard of someone incubating a chicken's first egg, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Had a buff brahma lay her very first egg today and later in the day she laid a second should i be concerned or happy...both have beautiful shells neither of which are soft..
Are you positive it came from the same pullet? Not unheard of, but usually one is soft.

And the next question i have a rooster so im sure they will be fertile have u heard of anyone hatching their first eggs
You can hatch pullet eggs, but it's best to wait until the eggs are closer to full sized.

All egs ar full sized and in perfect conditionall have every thing they need to start babies... I have candled them....both hav bullseyes and everything seems to be intact.... Nothing small or abnormally large eggs and my chckens are well over 40 weeks and just started popping two out... Both hard shells yess i seen it... Then this morning bam another egg in the nest

All egs ar full sized and in perfect conditionall have every thing they need to start babies... I have candled them....both hav bullseyes and everything seems to be intact.... Nothing small or abnormally large eggs and my chckens are well over 40 weeks and just started popping two out... Both hard shells yess i seen it... Then this morning bam another egg in the nest
The bullseye is not something you can see via candling.

Back
Top Bottom