Two female Pekin ducks

Duckiesaway

Hatching
6 Years
Aug 20, 2013
I live in Michigan and I have two Pekin ducks that re about 7 or 8 months old. I need to find them a new home because I will be going to college next year and there will be no one to take care of them. They are good egg layers and they are free. The coop is free too if you can move it. I don't have the time to take care of them so please feel free to message me if you are interested.

Hi there! I am desperate need of Pekin hens this spring! My flock is split in half with 5 being Pekins. Over the fall, I lost a couple of hens to a 50 pound snapping turtle in our pond. Thankfully, we caught and killed the sucker after I had to save a fawn runner from being taken under. (His name is Lucky) We have a huge pond that is about 2 acres in length, and for now, is without snapping turtles. I am raising fawn runners, blue, black and silver swedes and Pekins this yr. Hopefully we will be adding 2 saxony ducks to our family by summertime....depends if I go crazy just trying to keep everyone in their own pen at night for breeding. Anyways, my ducks live in paradise in southwest va. I need Pekin hens so bad because I have 3 drakes to 2 hens. Last yr there were only 2 drakes to 5 and I sometimes I had to seperate some of the ladies to take a break for a few days. Those guys are rough on them. I want to breed and sell, but refuse to watch my hens get beat up over the first few months of spring! My only solution is more hens for this season, but I need to adopt ones of laying age. And I can't afford to pay adult prices for multiples this month. I can assure you that your ducks will always be pets and never eaten. I promise they will get the best food, attention and health care. On my farm, the animals are like my children. I promise they will always be free range w/shelter. I promise I will NEVER make them live in a pen for every hour of their days. They will ALWAYS have tons of friends on a huge pond until they pass. All the ducks get treats, inspections, shelters, emergency care, fish, snails, slugs, pond scum, water critters, and even lots of love from (gentle) local kids that come by the farm to learn or to get photographed by me during the spring. (I am also a photographer) Easter portraits are how I started raising ducks in the first place :) Please let me know if you still have the Pekin hens as we NEED them soon!!
Thanks for your time,
Sarah

Back
Top Bottom