Two females mating

Duckmobile

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jul 15, 2011
I have 2 female runner ducks that are trying to mate with each other. One gets on top of the other and I want to know what is wrong with them. They have been together their whole life and I only have the two of them. I am sure they are both laying eggs as well.

They are animals and will want to breed, I suggest a male runner duck be added to the group
smile.png

My three girls were always doing that, we got a boy...they still do it. In fact one of my girls flat out refused to have anything to do with him and just carries on hitting on the girls.
roll.png

Think they might get it from their momma, I'm married to a guy but I wouldn't say no to Sigourney Weaver lol!!!
big_smile.png

It is normal behavior and nothing to worry about. Spring through summer they are in breeding mode and are just overwhelmed by their hormones. If you add a male, it may or may not change their behavior but at the least you could hatch some eggs and have some adorable little bitty runner babies!

Folks, please keep the content of this thread family friendly and appropriate for all our members.

Just ducky games. I've seen lots of people say dominance behavior, but my 3 used to take turns with Blue mostly on top, but after she died, the other 2 just take turns.

Back
Top Bottom