Two funny and amazing things :)

Elemental

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jun 10, 2012
Tehachapi
Today while driving around I mentioned that there was an Ostrich farm near by and I was thinking of looking into a chick. LOL. My husband just stared at me and then started laughing. He caught me. :) But I made him blink. TALK about outrageous chicken math. Hahaha. Second and more precious. One of my chicks has adopted me as her mother. She stretches to reach me when I come the brooding box and settles in my hand when I lay it in the box. Tonight I laid her on my chest as I laid back and watched TV. She went to sleep and cuddled against my neck as she slept for almost an hour. That was an amazing experience.
hugs.gif

It is a very cool experience when they bond to us - Tell your hubby you changed your mind on the ostrich & now want an emu - they are smaller & will eat a little less
lau.gif

Lucky you. My girls can't stand me. I tried spending alot of time, and talking with them but it didn't take. Maybe when I start giving em treats they'll warm up a bit more.
hmm.png

Amazingly enough was the one chick I specifically wanted. She is a Light Brahma. I went back to the feed store specifically to get her. She was the only Light Brahma and she was so different than the rest. They were all running around doing the typical cute fluffyball things but she stared right at me. I came back the next day and she was still there. I had to take her home and make sure she had the best life possible. I cant believe she is so cuddly. I wish I could have her with me every minute.

Someone had an add up in our local internet adds listings here....for emus...I actually considered it for about 5 seconds, then i was like WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!???!!!!??!!
th.gif

Someone had an add up in our local internet adds listings here....for emus...I actually considered it for about 5 seconds, then i was like WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!!???!!!!??!!
th.gif
They are pretty funny birds with cool personalities. We had 1 a long time ago. Brodi thought he was a dog not an emu - lol. He was great with everyone & all the animals but he liked to peck at the kids ears - kind of a scary Jurassic Park experience for them
lau.gif

Back
Top Bottom