Two Hens have 8 Babies a Piece

Ms Clucky

Crowing
5 Years
Jan 22, 2019
Salem, Illinois
I have two hens with 8 babies a piece. My Red Pyle hen, Sunny and one of my Crele hens, Cloe. The other hens seen them so now I have 5 hens on nests and another three or four wanting to set but they are not sure. My Buff Japanese hen, Twinkie has 16 eggs under her. A black and gold hen Windy, who is a mix from last years hatch has 8, white with black specks, Polly has 12, Blue, which is blue has 7 and Smurfette, which is a light blue has 7. Smurfette, Twinkie and Windy have problems with other hens wanting their nests. Sorry no pics. My camera don't work with this computer and my phone seems to not be able to load the pics. You could go to the gallery and find some of them if you really wanted to see.

wow - is anybody laying? The most I have ever managed is 2 broody hens, they were both BO and set at the same time, and raised the chicks together. However, with as many as you have, I think I would want them separated and protected from each other.

That is going to be a lot of birds setting. I am afraid they may get to fighting over eggs and your eggs might get broken.

Back
Top Bottom