Two legged predator !!! how to stop the person...

Quote:
That's actually really illegal. The shooting part. Unless you started keeping your chickens in your house, and the thieves came inside.

To the OP:
I agree with the camera. Lock the door, set up a camera, and when you have video, call the police.

As for the shooting being illegal or not one really needs to consult your states laws dealing with defense of property.

Lock the coop...Or get one of those critter cams so you can get evidence

why just today I saw something scoping out my coop checking all the doors and what not
Sure enough 10 mins later this is what I found trying to grab my Silkies!!!

sad.png

hmm.png

roll.png

ep.gif

idunno.gif

54640_predator.jpg

Do what I did for car thieves around here who loved to get in our vehicles locked or not and vandalize them. After contacting the sherriff about our problem he stated that if it was only one residence they can't do anything about it, it has to be multiple vehicles vandalized for them to put down the donut and do something about it. So I took matters in my own hands, installed a cheap camera right above the motion light that shines on the driveway where our vehicles are parked and put a HUGE sign in my windshield saying the following "Smile your on candid camera and have 2 seconds to run b4 I shoot" Never again did we have issues with vandals ripping our vehicles apart. Perhaps a big sign on the coop door similar to the one I made would work without anyone getting hurt?

I have always been super paranoid about ppl stealing our birds therefor I go thru the extra work of locking them up every night. I like the idea of combination locks better then key locks (for me I always forget the darn key in the coop and have to saw the lock off to get in and let them out for the day)

I have 5 kids, and I live in a "used to be nice neighborhood". Don't get me wrong, I have great neighbors, but there are some bad elements around. I also have a husband that works 10 hours a day 6 days a week out of the house. I also live in a city inside of San Antonio where I can call the cops and they will be here in a jiffy. That being said, if I see someone in my backyard that I don't know and who seems like a threat to me or mine, I will protect myself and my kids. I will not be someone's target for too long.

Maybe you should free range your chickens. Have the perp running around after the chickens and call the police and let them know where they are and what they are up to.

Back
Top Bottom